Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

69 Sovereigns ??

larry8200

Nope, not yet, but Wednesdays catch makes 2 VERY nice 69 Sovereigns and a third thats a basket case Wednesdays I almost didn't gp after. Was pretty broke and it was in Newport, VT. 276 miles Round trip. But I had $335 in it setting in my driveway, and have put a battery, points, fluids, and a 4 hour cleaning into it. My basket case 3212H has a freshly gone through hydrolift and is going on Wednesdays, which had hydrolift and still has the engine pulley and BGB mount on it I have to grin a little. :D:D:D

Larry, I think all the late flathoods had the hydro-lift pulley wether or not they had the hydro-lift. The flathoods are my some of my fav's. There are 5 in my fleet, plus one not yet running.

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
Larry, I think all the late flathoods had the hydro-lift pulley wether or not they had the hydro-lift. The flathoods are my some of my fav's. There are 5 in my fleet, plus one not yet running.
I was wondering about that, it seems to me most flathoods came with hydrolift. This one did have hydrolift, you can see where the ram was and the back bracket is there too. Handy. I have a hydrolift from my first 3212H I got half way through and stopped. So I have a cleaned up pump and ram with new seals and hoses. Pulling that manual lift lever off may be interesting though! LOL

quote:
This one did have hydrolift, you can see where the ram was and the back bracket is there too.
DOH! I totally missed the hydrolift half-panel on the left side. I can't imagine why anyone would convert back to the armstrong lift! It's very fortunate that the PO left the BGB ram bracket, those are so hard to find! The only armstrong lift in my fleet is the non-runner!! Hmmm, the hydro-lift hydro transmission combo seems more prevelent amongst the 3200 series IMO it's a very nice combintion!:D

It looks really nice. I have to ask... what do you use to clean them up? I see a big difference from when you first brought it home. Also don't toss that armstrong lift in the junk pile. If that is one of the ones with the larger rockshaft I could use it for my HB112. I have been told that most of the newer flat hoods came with the hydrolift pulley even if they had manual lift. This stands true on my HB112.

quote:
Originally posted by briggs9498
It looks really nice. I have to ask... what do you use to clean them up? I see a big difference from when you first brought it home. Also don't toss that armstrong lift in the junk pile. If that is one of the ones with the larger rockshaft I could use it for my HB112. I have been told that most of the newer flat hoods came with the hydrolift pulley even if they had manual lift. This stands true on my HB112.
Thanks for th info, and Thanks, it cleaned up nice. I wont be throwing out the manual lift parts, but I'm not sure what the larger rockshaft is. I have 6 flatoods and they all have/had hydrolift. The B110 had a loader and the hydrolift was taken from it. I have been using "Super Clean" degreaser, which removes some paints as well. TEST BEFORE USE!!! I soak it for several hours then rinse with garden hose Then I use green scotchbrite pads and dish detergent GENTLY!!! Next I use a rag and a car wash with wax. finally I use light oil on engine and driveline parts and slicone on decals, and armorall on seats and plastic parts. Takes a lot of elbow grease and patience, but I love seeing a beauty emerge from underneath mold and years of grunge. This one was worth it, unfortunately, untill now my other 3212H looked great without cleaning, but now I'm going to have to do that one too. I haven't touched that because it has a complete set of original decals in near perfect condition, and while the paint isn't great its OK. Oh well, I guess I'm up to the challenge!!! :D

quote:
but I'm not sure what the larger rockshaft is
My HB112 has a rock shaft that is about an 1/8" bigger in diameter than the two B110s, and the Landlord 101 I had. The B210 has the Hydrolift. I forget the measurement but I think it was an inch for the smaller ones and 1 1/8" on the HB112. I've heard from others having this problem as well. It seems as though some of the later fdt had a larger rockshaft. It just makes it hard to replace the bent lift arm on the HB112. Maybe its just a sign that I should find another Hydrolift :O.