Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunrunner value

Brettw

I know, I know. It's worth what someone's willing to pay for it. But I truly have no idea what these should go for. 12 horse hydro and it is in good overall shape. Engine is good and the hydro is strong. Deck is in great shape and cuts nice. But if anyone has any suggestions on what it may be worth, I will listen with great attention. Oh, and it has a horn.8D

Ron, Ron, Ron. Is that any kind of an attitude to have? A good fork driver could cut his lawn in about 1/10th the time it would normally take him with one of these Front Cut Zero Turn machines of distinction. These are incredible machines from a day gone by, and heartbreaking as it may be, they are NLA. The rarity alone makes them worth a fortune to those who truly appreciate innovation, and who worship those who pushed the envelope on R&D and design criteria. A true icon that shall live in infamy as the historians read of the Simplicity engineering masterpiece that once was, in the days of Aztecs and Edsel's. Kinda brings a tear to your eye, don't it? PS If a guy had the incredible good fortune to even find one of these for say....... oh, I don't know, maybe 350 bux, he would be considered as pratically steeling it at ten times the price.

I see them once in a while going for a couple of hundred bucks, more or less, depending on shape. If you get hold of Chris (sunrunner) he may have better info, I know he has one that he uses for mowing. If I had a bigger lawn I would consider one, but my 616 yeoman is almost too big for what I have here. Steve

And the rest of the story is that I am interested in Brett's machine So I was interested in someone repling to his query And that was the reason for his reply

I would love to have a 16/48 again. Had one with the collection system and it was great going around thee trees. was short of money when I bought my Landlord and the Sunrunner had to go. Found one recently, looked like new, but the only problem was it was 400 miles away.:(!:(!

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
And the rest of the story is that I am interested in Brett's machine So I was interested in someone repling to his query And that was the reason for his reply
It's ok, Ron, it didn't bring tears to my eyes either - but almost - it was very dramatic. sm03 But I'm more interested in the one they called 'front cut'. esp. very rare 16hp hydro. SunRunner's turn on a dime; but they are smallish; I like bigger. Sorry, Brett, :D I would steal one for 200, :D just not too excited. :D Guess I will throw myself on the fire along with Ron. 8D

i have it along with a broken back window in my truck. now to transfer parts from my machine to it. And i will have a supply of parts if anyone needs something Now where is best place to have rear window replaced in my truck ?

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
Now where is best place to have rear window replaced in my truck ?
Probably best to get one from a junkyard Ron, then off to your favorite body shop to have it put in. Heck, the junkyard might even replace it for you.

Ron, Care to clue us in to what the story is concenring your rear windown? I hope it is not one line the tires and the stream. Rick........

Brett They said full glass would not fit Rick Backed truck into ditch Put sun runner in tail end first Dump box meet the window Dumb part of it all I am taking my Prestige on a trailer To my daughter across the street from Brett But believe it or not. Brett had buyers for sunrrunner

Had a bunge cord(s) holding down a load in the back of my ranger and one let loose and went into one side of my rear window with the sliding unit in the middle. Thought what the heck, never used the slider so I'll save some money and get a relacement without it. Funny thing the solid window was $40 more than the slider. Go figure!