Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another early hat trick by Mother Nature

BLT

Normally the lilac blossoms do not appear in this area 'til Mothers Day weekend, more or less. Well they are appearing today.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Lilacs2012.jpg[/img]
Does that mean the leaves will all fall before Fall?sm00

BoB... It means you better make sure your taxi driver has his air conditioning working when July gets here:D

I had the AC on a week or two back, and have been scraping the windshield every morning now for 4 or 5 days. Fun stuff...

quote:
Originally posted by YellowB10
Im gonna go start looking for mushrooms..they may arrive early this year!
Found some morels in my woods about 2 weeks ago. Too bad I can't stand mushrooms, had to give them away.

Just when I thought it was over, it snowed here again this morning. Dash the luck, though, it didn't snow enough for me to try out the plow I bought this weekend.

A week ago we were about 90 degrees. We are also expecting frost tonight. Lots of corn has been planted, it should be short enough to survive a light frost. The wheat is currently at such an advanced stage that a heavy frost would devastate the crop.

I've got onion sets, radishes, and carrots waiting to be planted. Looks like Thursday morning will be the time as we have some rain coming. I was kinda leery about getting that stuff planted with no rain in the forecast. Oh yeah, my flowering crab tree is in full bloom,,,,, what's left of the tree anyway. It seems like every fall, a branch dies off.sm00sm00

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts