Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

got alot done today!

dirtmister16

got the yoeman running sweet! cleaned the carb. changed the fuel line, reset the choke so it works properly. runs like a little champ now! harvested a couple of engines for resale today. i got 4 engines running for resale. 8hp briggs 5hp briggs 4hp tecumseh 10hp briggs i fixed the pushmower, installed a new(stolen from a dead soldier) rope pulley and rewound the spring. put some fresh gas in and after two years of sitting it started up like i shut it off yesterday. i love those 3.5hp classic briggs, never fail i swear. still need to get a set of points for a 2hp briggs so i can get it up and running. i still have at least another 10 engines to get ready so i can sell them. so far my count of stuff to get ready for the show and swap meet is 3 tractors maybe a 4th yet 2 snowblowers 15 engines (i think thats the current count) still need to harvest a few from dead machines yet. misc. parts wheels and tires. i still need to pull the chain drive apart on a front tine tiller i have, see if i can fix it or if it will just be a good engine for resale. engine runs great after cleaning the points, that was all that was wrong with it.

I will be going to Baraboo in May for the swap meet.There is always a lot of garden tractors there.

Baraboo is 5/5-6. Edgerton is 6/2-3. I might go to Edgerton, it's right close to where we are camping for the season.

i going to plainfield. they have a tri county show of tractors, garden tractors. most anything you can think of, they have old motors,hit and miss motors,steam engines. they also have a swap meet and a breakfast, and pie(good pie!). went last year and almost sold out of what i brought, so i thought i would do it again see if i have similar luck.

update. have another engine that will run so its sellable. i moved a cabinet out of my way and put a shelf there, now its already half full of stuff that was in the shed. i guess i won't be moving much from the garage out there. now if i can just take some time to get the tractors done, i have alot to do before i load all this stuff up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • Ronald Hribar
    • rbstuartjr
    • littlemarv
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts