Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6th AC. Auction find

Allisgrandson

So, I went to see my folks for the weekend. The annual Falls Farm and Garden auction in Glen's falls, NY just happened to be this weekend. I've been to it before, but I don't recall seeing any AC's before. Of course, I never looked before last summer. I walked around and found an AC B12 with a leaf blower, mower, and wheel weights attached. Also, an original trailer and rototiller (minus tractor mounted pulleys) all in decent shape. The tractor is in the roughest shape. The tiller went for $145 to someone who was not aware that he needed the other pulleys. He knows about the site, but is not a member. Hopefully, he shows up to learn more for his next auction. I (my wife) ended up bidding on the tractor, which we won for $150. It's higher than what I wanted to pay, but the engine does crank over, but I don't know about spark and compression and it's missing the carb. The leaf blower has both hoses, a bunch of clamps and brackets, and a home-made pulley cover on the back, but no fabric cover for the trailer. The dump cart is in great shape. It dumps well, tailgate is intact and removes as it should. It is the model that is double hinged so that it dumps flat on the ground. Both tires hold air, but I haven't researched whether they are original or not. I paid $70 for the trailer. After taxes and the 5% credit fee, I'm into them for $247. I didn't plan on buying this much, so I was short a $20 for cash. What do you think?

Here's the tractor and blower and dad.

Mower deck

Trailer

Everything loaded on the truck, and you can see one of the hoses. The other one is black and more rubber like and they both are blessed with duct tape.

Brian, those tires look original. Wheel weights 100 plus light bar and lights 100 Not long ago I paid 100 plus for the blower unit with no hoses. decent deck with chute, covers and foot rests easy 100 plus trailer 100 plus, And a harder to find B12 NAAAH you got took. I'll give you your money back AND drive all the way over there to get it. :D:D:D By the way, as for rough looking, my every day worker B 12 looks much worse than that one. :O

You paid too much....I'll give you 250.00 for it , Just too help you out. All jokes aside--- You got a GREAT deal. My 2 cents worth.

Thanks for the pep talk guys! The rear tires are original, but the fronts are replacements. As for restore/running reports, we'll all have to wait a few months, as I'm out of town for 3 months for work. Also, its 4th on the depth chart for a restore, only ahead of the B10 with no compression. I knew the wheel weights were worth at least $50, maybe $75. Are these the original AC wheel weights? I didn't know that the lights were worth that much. I didn't get a chance to look at them closely, but I think they are the side mount, not full bar lights. Some of this stuff will come up for sale in the next year, I've run out of room! Brian

Sure looks like the lights are on a lightbar to me, and yeah, the wheel weights are likely original. They are at least the right style, and have been fetching more like $100/pair recently. I'd say you did real well! That cart looks great!

It may be a light bar, i don't remember. It'll be stored at my fathers for the next 3 months, so I won't be able to check on the light bars. As for the weights, I think i'm up to 4 pairs of the originals. I'll have to unload some later this year and help out some fellow AC enthusiast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
    • maxwood
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts