Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite T-10

kbota

Hey everyone. I'm new here, but glad I found this place. I recently found a Homelite T-10 in outstanding condition....good paint...good tires. I bought the thing, changed oil, replaced the spark plug, greased all the fittings, topped off the gear lube in the transmission, and bevel gearbox, and started cutting grass. I mowed almost 3 acres without any problems whatsoever. There is very little play in the steering and it seems to be an outstanding little mower, and is more powerful than a larger John Deere tractor with the same size mower deck. Anyway, I've enjoyed playing with it, and am thinking of selling it, but have no idea what it is worth. Who's our resident Homelite/Allis Chalmers expert? Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts. Also, which AC garden tractor would be the same as a Homelite T-10? K

Welcome to the club! The T-10 would be equivalent to a Simplicity 3410. I'm not sure if there is an Allis built T-10. There are some cross reference pages on the SimpleTractors web site. You can usually tell by the grille. The experts on here will tell you for sure. Post a picture please, we like pictures. Price is different from here to there. With a deck and operating well, I would say 300 to 500. I paid 500 for mine with no deck, but it did have a plow. Once again it depends where you are at.

Welcome. As stated Post a picture and we might be able to give you a better price. guess. Here it probably would go for 250 - 350. Sounds like a nice machine.

Unless you become a member, (it costs $10 and is well worth it) you cannot post pictures, so you may have to use more words to describe the particulars. What you can get for it depends on where it is, what shape it's in, how many want to buy it within easy access, the time of year and getting exposure that it's available. If it was in good shape near me and I had room for it, I'd pay up to $400, but others would differ.

• 3 weeks later...
I also just purchased a Homelite T-10 which I thought was outstanding condition. I watched the tractor several times and was impressed with the tractor and had a good feeling from the guy. However, when I got it home I could not get the thing to go into gear. It will roll in neutral and is locked when in gear, but the thing won't move when the engine is running. The seller had to go out of town and is coming over on Tuesday but any suggestions in the meantime would be appreciated. Also, is there are place to get a manual for this thing?

quote:
Originally posted by rfsmith1952
Welcome to the club! The T-10 would be equivalent to a Simplicity 3410. I'm not sure if there is an Allis built T-10. There are some cross reference pages on the SimpleTractors web site. You can usually tell by the grille. The experts on here will tell you for sure. Post a picture please, we like pictures. Price is different from here to there. With a deck and operating well, I would say 300 to 500. I paid 500 for mine with no deck, but it did have a plow. Once again it depends where you are at.
I found this info on simple tractors for the homelite models http://www.simpletractors.com/homelite/page_7.htm

David, That sounds like a great tractor. While you cannot post a picture, you can post a link to the picture. Non paying memebers can post links to pictures hosted on other sites. Welcome. Rick......

I did find the Simplicity 3410 manual here: http://lawnandgarden.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/simplicity/756_3410s.html?idRes=13773607 I still need to figure out this clutch problem.

The belt from the drive pulley slipped off which was runningunder a pulley instead of over - took me a while to figure out. Problem solved!