Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
shovelhead

First Time Plowing

shovelhead
Think I'm ready to try to plow for he first time. Got the old B-10 setup with a Hydro that my wife bought me for X-mas. Also got the chains and weights on. Downloaded manual for setup. I'm gong to give it my best shot tomorrow. Dennis (shovelhead) :D

huffy
I plowed for the first time a few weeks ago. You'll like it, it's actually quite a lot of fun. I wouldn't worry too much about getting AG's at this point, unless you just want them, since the tractor should pull the plow pretty good with the tire chains. I didn't even have chains or weights on mine when I did it, and the tractor drug the plow along slicing and rolling rocky dirt without ever checking up. It kind of surprised me how well it performed. I think maybe the plow digging into the dirt kind of pulls down on the back of the tractor and helps a little with traction.

Steve72
This link (thanks BLT!!!)helped me tons as our first attempt at plowing did not work---because we had the mold board angled to steeply into the ground. When Lyndsey changed (flattened) the angle the plowing went great as evidenced by the photo. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120826

Then the hitch broke and we had to stop to repair!!

huffy
quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
the 16 hp is a brute!!
I'll bet it is. My Landlord's got the 12 hp, and it'll pop a wheely in 3rd gear - even with my 250+ lbs on it. With those extra 4 horses I can only imagine what that B10 can do with little Lyndsey on it. From the length of that furrow, it looks like Lyndsey's going to have quite a garden.

Sign in to follow this