Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snowplow from 2010 to a 7014?

srwven

I seem to take a lot of critisim, so if I tell you that it wont work then somebody will come along and say how wrong I am as they did it simply by spending an hour in the machine shop and two hours welding! But I really enjoy this site and I want to encourage everyone to share information so we can keep our tractors running, even if they are painted the wrong color, so here I go.... -If it is a 36" it probably wont cover the tire tracks on the 7014, you can measure for this -On the 2010, I say "B-Series" tractors, as I have AC's, the snowblower drive clutch is on the blower itself, where on the 7000 series a separate front PTO clutch was used -The 7000 series has a longer front frame, to cover the front PTO shaft off the engine, this means that the snowblower mounting hitch is different, this can be re-welded, but that would mean that you will have to have a longer lift rod So will it work??? Certainly not without some welding. The easiest way to make it work would be to buy a 7100 series hitch designed to run the blower off of the center PTO. Any good welder could modify the current hitch if he had a model to copy. Once you have that, then you would have to make a longer lift rod, again this is not a major problem as you can use 5/8 inch rod, cut it to the right length, put it in a vise, then heat it and bend the ends to fit. Then you will need to measure to get the right length belt, which is about 140", I dont know for sure. At this point, you will have one remaining problem, you will have to modify the center PTO idler pully, it will need to run at a different angle in order to keep the belt it on the pulleys. If your 7014 already has a front PTO, then you may be able to use the 2010 blower by changing the hitch lift rod point, the lift rod, and putting on a different length belt. I believe that it would prove very difficult to make the blower work by using the blower mount clutch as those things dont work all that well on the tractors they were designed to fit.

If you don't mind spending time welding, as was one of "Guest's" options, you could make this.........[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm[/a]

I have a neighbor with a snowblower off of a 2010, not sure of the year. Does anyone know if it will work with a 7014S? I looked in the x-reference and some of the blowers do cross over but I can't find serial numbers for this blower, I believe it is a 36"

Based on no first hand experience, only the info I have, I don't think it would be a fit, without some type of modifications, since the front PTOs are significantly different on the tractors mentioned. The "correct" MFR # for a 2010's 36" Snowblower should be a 990345. The What Fits shows that that blower is similar to a 990563, and doesn't indicate that it will fit anything later than a 3212.... But, shadetree engineering sometime prevails. Someone may have actually done this mod -- let's see....