Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What the??

ZippoVarga

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110859939797 Does this nimrod not know you can STILL BUY THESE NEW From Simplicity???? I've got some swamp land I'll sell ya if you pay $300.00 for these hub caps!!!

There is a supplier in my back pocket where I can get these, currently produced and imported, of course, but still available. Also, Cub Cadet dealers and Toro/Wheel Horse dealers are now purchasing these imported 12 inch caps. Then, there's the 10 inch that I modify for the 12 inch wheels that I LOVE 10 times better than the look of the 12" and are also still readily available and cheaper. It's good to stop by once in a while and see some old faces Osenga buddy!!

Also, 6 inch caps recessed into the wider A/C and Simp wheels look good too I think. :)?:)

+2 on the recessed. Looks a lot more durable compared to the bonkable larger kind. Personally I prefer open wheels for use units, but Zippo you have one hot looker there:D

Well some of us nimrods don't like the foreign crap on our tractors, or cars for that matter. You cant beat things made in the 60's and 70's. But Hey what do i know, i pry could have saved a bundle on the frame off restoration i did on my 65 impala by using aftermarket parts but hey, i spent the cash to get NOS parts. To each their own.

I dig those recessed caps. Unless you already did one and I just missed it, a YouTube video on that would be great to see.

There has been a vid up for some time of the old Landlord huffy. Here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFPDaEJjbs ngale......Just for the sake of argument, the hubcaps this person claimed to be from the 60's or 70's were in fact newer and damaged and most likely, foreign imports. The OLDER hub caps have a very distinct sharp outer edge. If you notice, on the hubcaps in the auction (that some one unknowingly over paid for) the outer edge is largely rounded. If you would like photos of the correct VINTAGE hub cap styling, I would be happy to post some for you for future reference when looking for OEM NOS NLA MINT Hub Caps. As for the ever so slight tone of distention in your comment, don't cast stones until you know who you're talking to and what the person is about. No one is more PRO-American than I. You would know that already if you knew me well enough to pass judgement (which you don't, but soon will.) Congrats on your 65 Impala. My 66 Buick Skylark, 67 F100, 72 Vega GT, 72 Lincoln Mark III, 74 Impala Custom, 76 ElCamino SS, 78 GMC Shorty, 81 Camaro Berlinetta, 87 S-10, 88 SS Silverado, 94 Impala SS (I could go on, but I'm tiring of this idiocy). All restored by me and all with American made parts. Not to mention the numerous Harleys, vintage engines, Tractors, so on and so on that show my pride in "Made in the U.S.A." and its meaning to me. Over 20 years in the AMERICAN Automotive industry, my service to this Country in our Military. Using my uncanny ability set the record strait for all in attendance who pass incorrect judgement, I trust you will see me in a different light once you read this post. So, do you and me both a favor next time you decide to judge. Do your homework first. If you are a self proclaimed nimrod, as you appeared to admit in your comment, then far be it for me to disagree. But remember something......you put your self in the line of fire without knowing who you were talking to or about. I hope, if you were the one who spent the $200.00 on the hubcaps, that you don't have buyers remorse in light of the information herein. FYI...There is no longer an American manufacturer of these hub caps. Finding an OEM NLA NOS Mint set would be a great find and well worth a premium price. Until such a time, there are alternatives over having nothing at all, which I offered information on for those interested. Not for self proclaimed nimrods to attempt to use as a means to insult my intellect. I trust you are now well informed and somewhat humbled in light of who I am, what I stand for and what I don't tolerate when it comes to insolence directed at me by someone who doesn't know me. dentwizz!! Thanks Bro! She's semi retired and the bling gets a regular polishing. They say you never forget your first, and this Landlord was my first large frame and served me very well. Although not restored, she shows pretty well. Thanks again!! ngale...perhaps a walk through my videos will shed more light on who I am. This one in particular should be of interest to you and others who doubt my conviction to my Country. No hard feelings bro.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SguqdaIN_9Q

quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
There has been a vid up for some time of the old Landlord huffy. Here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFPDaEJjbs
Thanks for the reply, Zippo. I've seen that vid before, and it's a sweet tractor. I was suggesting, though, that you do a short video focused solely on how you modify the hubcaps to recess them. I'm currently doing a makeover on my 2012, and might like to go that route (assuming I have your permission to copy your idea, of course). I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out on my own, but I think all here would agree that the world needs more Zippo tractor videos.

Ah, ok! I gotcha now huffy!! You mean like this one that got hidden by my longer videos? lol.....it's a short one, but shows how to modify the back hub caps. The front ones just slip right on with no modification. I hope to get more tractor time...you're one of many asking for more stuff and I'm happy to oblige!! Video of Hubcap modification~~~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGy0bARi4-c

quote:
Originally posted by huffy
Thanks Zippo! You are a great American!
He's an urban legend, I heard. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat
quote:
Originally posted by huffy
Thanks Zippo! You are a great American!
He's an urban legend, I heard. ;)
Urban, or suburban, Ron?:D

quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga lol...I heard we both were biggie!!!
In the same ranks of Gumby and Pokey. B.R.

Bryan had told me about the infamous 10" hubcap video, but I never have found it...thanks for the link! I have a new set of 10" but have yet to stuff them into a rim. I'm thinkin it's about time! ^

You bet Josh! I guess my 10 inch China made hub cap modification is more popular than a set of $299.00 china made 12 inch hub caps..lmao. Maybe I should change the topic title!! Lets see the pics after you guys Mod the caps!!

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Bryan had told me about the infamous 10" hubcap video, but I never have found it...thanks for the link! I have a new set of 10" but have yet to stuff them into a rim. I'm thinkin it's about time! ^
Josh, If you get around to doing the fronts, you'll note that in the closing seconds of his video Zippo says the 6" ones fit perfectly in the "wide" front rims. Now I don't feel so bad about taking those narrow ones from you that you'd cleaned and painted so pretty, and leaving you with the rusty wide ones! btw, sorry to hear about your compressor dying in the middle of your Squire resto. I have a spare one I can run down for you to borrow if you need it to keep working until you get yours fixed. Your wife might complain about the noise, though, cause it's a biggun'.

quote:
Originally posted by ZippoVarga
Lets see the pics after you guys Mod the caps!!
Deal! Time to pull off some wheel weights, I suppose! Chris, I picked up a small unit last nite that should get me by, but thank you for the offer! You saw my limited space, and I do need a unit I can get in and out of the pickup on my own. I will be looking for a deal on a stationary that will keep up better with my hobby, as soon as I figure out where to put it :I

FYI Guys.....There are a couple different styles of 6 inch wide front wheels out there. The ones that will accept the 6 inch hub caps will have this configuration.

Holy Cow!! I hope the picture is big enough to see...lmao...i swear, it's only 69kb!!

Not to beat a dead horse here but......ok, well yeah...I'm beating a dead horse...lol. Here are comparison pictures of the New foreign made hubcaps beside an original older American made hubcap from the 60's and 70's and beyond in stocked inventory of some of the older shops. Picture one shows the VAST differences on the lip. As can be clearly seen, the hubcap on the left has a very pronounced rounded edge where the hubcap on the right has a tight, crisp and thin edge, which, when installed, appears to flow directly into the wheel it's on where the rounded edge hubcap is pronounced and doesn't flow into the wheel nearly as well. Also, depending on the maker, there is a V notch along the rim of the hubcap designed as a drain hole. It's there because the inferior foreign made hubcaps have a very thin chromium plating and keeping the hubcap as moisture free as possible will prolong the life. My best advice to those who buy these foreign hub caps is to keep them waxed.

Another thing to consider when purchasing hubcaps is to make sure you're buying the OEM parts, ask the supplier ahead of time if they are USA made or foreign made. If they can't answer, it's a gamble. There should be an oval gold sticker inside the foreign made caps stating country of origin.

I talk to my tractor. He says that self-glorification thru trashing of others is merely abuse or bullying. and not required to make a point. real help is clean, and selfless. He says there is yet another you don't know, and that will always be true. He says, for your sake, he would be proven wrong. He says, here, have it all. He says there is no lack of forgiveness, and I will find it. I never really liked hubcaps. still don't. they seem so unnecessary. my tractor doesn't want them. he just likes to help. that's his thing. And he's on my side. always. yes, it's a spiritual connection. He says that without spirit, there is no good idea. And that spirit needs be expressed here to somehow complete the work. so here it is. He says the message is clear, over and out. :D