Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What have you done for your tractor today?

OrangeMetalGuy

Put fresh 30wt in her before mowing the back lawn. Decided I am leaving the ag tires on year-round (tired of swapping them with turfs). But I need to put a tube in one of them I'm getting tired of pumping it up due to a slow leak.

I mowed today for about 2 hours with my 3314 ( 2300 plus hours) then took the air hose and blew away any grass from the engine area ,all over the outside back to the rear end. Takes about 3 to 5 minutes but it always clean when I put it my climate control shop. Also refuel with Shell Non ethanol fuel and is ready to go next time.

quote:
What have you done for your tractor today?
Tightened up the forward 4 bolts (well, 3..I had to go get the fourth as it fell completely out:||) on the BGB on the Duetz, as the tractor was trying to fall in half whilst I was mowing yesterdayOO ..then I took Rokons 10.50 ag tires off the 7" rims and stuck them on some 8.5" rims I robbed off the 314 Allis I snagged off craigs last weekend. Much much nicerdOd:D

New drive belt on the T-12, and a home made belt guard. Tactically bent and rounded some 3/4 steel flat stock. Got tired of putting the belt back on. Original belt guard was not supplied with tractor, and replacement is about $32.00. Flat Stock was $5.49 for enough to make three belt guards.

I put in a new fuel pump, rewired the ignition to run the new pump, adjusted the drive belts (need new belts) tilled part of the garden (1/4 of an acre) and turned over the compost pile. Busy day. I quite early today because I ran out of gas and was too lazy to drive into town to fill the tanks.sm00 Good day.

I rebuilt the center PTO on my Big-10 that I mow with. I was mowing and all of a sudden the Eng popped real loud and stopped dead I hit the starter and it wouldn't turn over.I disengage the PTO and it would turn over but made a swooshing sound I figured the spark plug can out or a blown head gasket,I pulled the hood and found it was the plug I screwed it back in and it started right up.when I tried to engage the PTO it stopped dead. What are the chances of losing a plug and the PTO freezing up it the same time??

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
I rebuilt the center PTO on my Big-10 that I mow with. I was mowing and all of a sudden the Eng popped real loud and stopped dead I hit the starter and it wouldn't turn over.I disengage the PTO and it would turn over but made a swooshing sound I figured the spark plug can out or a blown head gasket,I pulled the hood and found it was the plug I screwed it back in and it started right up.when I tried to engage the PTO it stopped dead. What are the chances of losing a plug and the PTO freezing up it the same time?? Sounds like you Friday the 13th came one day late.

hooked on the trailer to my 4040,my son and i finally cut down the rest of the storm damaged trees from October. this is my first season with the 4040 after a 5 month restoration very happy with its operation already have 20.5 hours, sweet

Tilled a few gardens with the B-110 this week, then swapped the tiller for the Revitalizer. 8D Pulled the winter dress off the 3212H and knocked down about 4 acres of healthy spring grass. ^ Setup the new 101 with a mower deck and gave her a tune up. Went from coughing and smoking to purring like a kitten and pulling hard on my 'test hill' whiel cutting grass. Pretty pleased with that one. :D Pushed the Wonderboy 700 out of winter storage and cleaned the fuel system. She had a fuel issue that caused her to stall and refuse to restart as I was parking it for the winter. All is well now! Hooked up the NOS Log saw for the first time, and am getting my belts figured out.dOd Finally got around to replacing the S/G belt on the Big Ten...sure what a beast to pull start with hydrolift and loader pumps running off it! :J Got the Tranny and BGB wrapped up and primed for the Squire restoration. My compressor bit the big one, and now my tractor fund gets to buy me a new air system 8C Finally got the Wonderboy 575 I picked up in Ohio started and running. Not quite sure what the problem was, but it seems like crud in the fuel system.}:) Next, a LOT of fluid changes! ;)

Not wanting to curse myself with a late season snow storm, I finally took off the snowblower and rear counterweight, took off the rear tire chains and swapped out the roller chained front turf tires. Adjusted the Walbro carb, BGB clutch, and the hydrostat neutral. Rust converter sprayed the underside of the belly mower, put new deck rollers on, and took the blades off to get sharpened. Our 3 acre yard will probably need a first mowing this week!! Didn't get much 'seat time' during the wimpy NE winter, but that will change soon !!

I agree--lots of work by Josh!! I tilled up my other daughters small garden and got started rebuilding this cultivator that I built about 20 years ago-- long before I knew what one was supposed to look like! It works great--but should have made the cross tube more robust as the years and big rocks have twisted it a bit!

I hooked up my old trailer and gave the Grandkids a ride around the place. The 7117 just flew, and a trailer full of squeals and smiles.

quote:
Originally posted by igo2xs
hey josh ,Lotta work there that would take me at least 1 week ! OH 2 BE YOUNG
It DID take me a week! I kinda over looked the 'TODAY' part of the topic? Should I go back and edit? ;) Steve, your tillin machine looks great! There's somethin neat about how these old machines can work so hard...just like they were intended. You just don't see many of the new machines doing that kind of thing OO I love your cultivator...do I forsee a topic on garden cultivation?C|:

quote:
Originally posted by colincox1
I hooked up my old trailer and gave the Grandkids a ride around the place. The 7117 just flew, and a trailer full of squeals and smiles.
Colin, are you back in the States? I can't keep track of you! It may be in my head but I see you flying back and forth all the time. Nice to hear you got some memory making time with the kiddies!

i put fresh gas in the bigten and cut the grass . yep, same problems as last year. wont throttle over half untill 10min into mowing and still have a dang click/clunk noise comeing from the diff. i thought maybe it would fix itself sitting in the shed over the winter....hahaha...sm00

quote:
Originally posted by perry
i thought maybe it would fix itself sitting in the shed over the winter....hahaha...sm00
I've tried that too...just hasn't worked YET! 8D

I just put my revitalizer on the Serf,,,,, Now I just need some seat time. Of course after I pick up the doggie doo doo:D:D

Checking over the basics after long easy winter. Thought the 716 would fire right up - turned the key - not even a click. Long charging on battery, probably desulfating - gonna try again tomorrow. Also charged battery on Pacer, and it surprised me and started easily. Can't remember if I used any Stabil last fall, or what I did. Hoping 716 will just start like a good little "boy tractor". Got some good Premium gas for all. Got lots to do with grease and fluid changes. Gotta install a front PTO on the K341 and create a working blower for next winter, cos I don't think it will be as soft as this year was. I'm hoping 716 fires up, no problems. I would like to do a clean up mow, aerate, and seed some areas all in a few hours - o that would be fun. :D wish me luck. Spring is just popping like crazy here. Everybody will be mowing after this weekends rain rain rain. (which is why I want to aerate and seed). Wishing everyone a good tractor season with lots of seat time. sm01