Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ROP for 4041

jverhaag

ZOO CREW Has anyone seen or designed a R.O.P (roll over protection) system for the 620/4040/4041/9020 series simplicity tractors. Thanks crew

GrincheyOne
Welcome to the "Club" John. That's not a farm, it's a ZOO!:D My light-hearted suggestions for ROP are to drive responsibly, stay off steep inclines, and away from deep swales. W

It hasn't been tested in an actual rollover, but I have a sketch of one attaching on the trailer hitch mounting bracket. My scanner and camera drivers were knocked out by a virus, so I'll try to describe it. It would be made of 2x2 x 1/4 square tubing with a mounting bracket of 3x1/2 flat bar, all welded together. The vertical bottom legs are 15-1/2" and have the bracket plates welded on; the final assembly gets bolted on to the trailer hitch through 1/2" tapped holes 4" on centre (same as hitch mount). The side starts with 20" tubes angled out on each side, welded to two 36-1/2 tubes angled in to meet a top tube of 32". Lay it out on paper and you will see the angles needed to cut the tubes. The overall height would be about 63-1/2". The structure can be used to attach light and a lift hook if you like. You can also use it to attach a canopy if you want to work in the wet or hot sun. If I get my scanner working, I'll try to remember to post the sketch.

These tractors did have two types of ROP systems. Both were made by Saf-T-Cab company for the Powermax tractors. One was a canopy style for summer and the other was a fully enclosed cab for winter. I believe the Simpletractors sight has the canopy one pictured in the Simplicity section. Dan

My scanner still isn't working, but if you go to the Simple Tractors tab above and go to DIY as: Home> Do It Yourself> Dollies, Toolbox & More you will find a picture of the ROP I described, with an awning attached.