Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

heron

1918 Deutz will be here this week

heron
I finally should be getting a Deutz Allis bought a couple weeks ago delivered Thursday. One owner, 417 hours. Perfect shape...looks new. Original seat is not even cracked. All regular service has been done on it but it has been sitting in a barn without regular use for some time. The owner told me his dad did great maintenance and there were no known problems but it is not running great right now due to old gas. Any suggestions as to what to do to "tune" it up other than replacing gas and adding seafoam? Is that "mechanic in a bottle" worth anything? I've got all the parts to tune it up, change hydro filter, gas filter, oil,changing deck belt and PTO belt, changing blades..to the son's knowledge the belts have never been changed. Is there anything with the Magnum 18 I should look out for..do to it? BTW: I have 97 Sunstar 20/60 with the Command so I know the basics since this tractor is pretty much identical.

RickS
Aaron, Seafoam is a mechanic in a bottle. It is one of the few products that really works. So yes replace the gas, add a can of Seafoam, change the oil, and check for mouse nests; then start it. Rick........