Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
allis712

WONDER BOY RIDER

allis712
Hi everyone! i recently came across a wonderboy riding mower and i am looking for some info. 1st how can i tell the model? it has straight handle steering and doesn't appear to have the orginal motor but it looks like the style listed in the 1959 model. is there somewhere on the frame a serial # i can refer to? it seems to be intact w/mower deck . thanks John

timflury
There should be a tag on the side of the transmission. 990154 is the model number on mine. It should have a Briggs 143302 6hp engine on it. The power train on these were also found in the smaller walker tractors. The serial number on it is just a production line order number.

allis712
Thanks for the help, when i go back to the gentlemans house who has it i will look for the serial# tag. He is asking $150 for it does this sound like a fair price. thanks again

ka9bxg
If it is a straight stick it more than likely a wonderboy 400. The D stick is a 575 there is also a mongomory wards the first model had a clinton engine on it.I have a few of them and if it has a hood on it it is worth more . Good luck .Bob

allis712
Thank you everyone for their input! I will check it out when i stop by to look at the tractor again. Tim now that you mention it i do believe the front tires are solid..Thanks again john