Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

briggs 16 ????

sbull78

howdy guys, got a question for ya..and it may be a dumb one..lol... but here goes, i bought a homelite T16 some time ago...the carb is gonna need a rebuild for sure and am wondering i have several good carbs off of the 12hp version and the carbs look very similar...will they work on the 16 or what else will be needed? and if not can a guy still by a new carb for that 16 horse motor? thanks again!!

As far as I know there are only 2, maybe 3 types of flo-jets, 1) divorced air horn, 2) intergral air horn and 3) those that are set up to run on the aluminum block models with the reversed throttle shaft. In either case of the first two jetting should be close enough between the 12 and 16 to be ok. Some of the other differances you need to be aware of is the intake manifold length and air cleaner height as there 2 different types out there. Usually the tall air cleaner can only be used with the longer intake on our machines abd also there is the short intake and short air cleaner. While you can't use the tall air filer with the short manifold you can use the short air ceaner on the long manfold. Lastly the govenor linkage is different between the short and long manifold types: long govenor rod short inake, short govenor rod long intake. My understanding is that you can still get new carbs but not inexspensively.