Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lakeview, Ohio Plowday 2012

Mack

It took awhile (5-6 months) to get this plow from Perry's place in Michigan to my place in Ohio but well worth the effort in my opinion. :D I picked this plow up from one of Perry's Wheelhorse buddies in northern Ohio last Friday and just got the chance to play with it today. Worked SWEET!

Even plowed at the neighbors. I had tilled half of it for him and he has planted sweet corn in it already!

Looks like a lotta good work got done there Mack! Not sure if I've ever seen a white AC plow. Very cool! Your 3/400's always look like monsters pulling a plow! Starting to look forward to it each spring!;)

Looks good Mack. I noticed you have the majority of your weights set up on the right side of your tractor for plowing. Is that because the majority of your traction comes from your upper tire. I get the mechanics behind the idea, just curious if I'm correct.

quote:
Originally posted by perry
yep, that Allis plow looks good behind that tractor. knew it went to the right home ^
That plow is the "correct" plow for the AC 300/400 machines and one that I had been looking for, for a very long time. So, thank you Perry! As far as traction, it pulled very well. I do think a narrower tire would be a little better, especially on the furrow side as the plow cuts 10" and I have 10.5" wide tires on that tractor. So if I were going to set a tractor up for a full day of plowing I might put a 8.5" tire on the furrow side and hang another wheel weight on the land side. That would make it pretty much unstoppable in any soil condition around here.

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Not sure if I've ever seen a white AC plow. Very cool! !;)
yep i had never seen one either with the black and white color scheme. like mack said, sold with the 300/400 series tractors . also it has a different looking Allis Chalmers decal on it than i have never seen. but i am not familiar with the 300/400's. i got it with the Allis 914 i had. I am glad it went to mack and i was able to get the plow closer to him. or atleast in his state :D . but it did cost him a hard to find item i was after ;)
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/misjunk043.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/misjunk052.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/300_series/plow.jpg[/img]
http://www.simpletractors.com/models/300_series/more_attachments.htm

quote:
Originally posted by RickS
So Perry are you going to clue us in on that hard to find item, or did I miss something? Rick........
RH lift
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/ebay-march006.jpg[/img]

Sorry Perry but I think Mack got the better end of that deal...although on second thought the RH Lifts are cool to be able to use 2 attachments together...so congrats to both!! Nice looking plow job Mack dOd

quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Sorry Perry but I think Mack got the better end of that deal...although on second thought the RH Lifts are cool to be able to use 2 attachments together...so congrats to both!! Nice looking plow job Mack dOd
yepper I'm happy. i allready have a nice sim plow and now two RH lifts ^

Perry, I thought for sure I sent you the yellow one!;) Now when I find the right hand lift for the 300/400, that will be rare!

no you sent the black one :D fooled ya huh ?....LOL . thats my other lift i posted last month. did they make a RH lift for your tractors ?.

quote:
Originally posted by perry
did they make a RH lift for your tractors ?.
Yes, I've only seen it in the parts catalog though. Chances are I'll never find one. But thats what I thought about the Ark loader too!

Picked up this Allis plow the other day. The previous owner evidently had the plow set where he liked it as there were welds on both sides where it pivots! After a little cutting and grinding I freed it up. Not having much experience plowing with a foot dragger I decided I would give it a try. Set up in the garage before heading out to the garden. Took a few passes in first gear full throttle, too slow, had to really lean to the land side to keep from losing traction. Second gear full throttle was just a bit too fast. Dropped back to just under three quarter throttle and seemed to be about right. Still had a little traction problem on the land side but did well enough for my trial. Overall, it worked well. I had to stop at the end of the furrows and back up a bit to raise the plow with the armstrong lift even with the front counter weight so I think I will stick to the hydro or electric lifts for plowing!