Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ch18 wire diagram spec 62513 updated with pics and

rpickle

Hi folks. I pulled a smoothie.... I pulled the engine out to replace the voltage regulator and to remove the engine showd to clean out behind it. There is a 5 pin plug that comes off of the engine. The PO had just put spade connectors on the existing wires and stuffed them into the 5 pin plug. Here is the dipstick part, I pulled them out w/o marking them.... I just need to know what needs to plug into that plug. I tried to start the engine w/o that connected and got nothing. Appreciate any help. Rick

They had several different wiring harnesses for the Command in the Sovereign. This should help. I also believe there was a post on something very simular in the past couple of weeks.

Below is a link to the other post. It may help you better. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120789&SearchTerms=command,wiring

Hmm, never as easy as it would seem.... My ignition switch isn't the same. Here is a rough drawing of the engine 5-pin and the 5-pin ignition switch:

Reading the good info from PhanDad, I will run the positive direct from the battery to the starter solenoid. So the blue wire going to the starter is driven off of the solenoid? So what I need to know is, on my switch, s=s and b=b but does r=g, m=i and a=l? Sorry to be a pain. Appreciate the help. Rick

Hi BLT. I bought the tractor with this motor in it. I was told it was a replacement and assumed a replacement for a KT.

quote:
Originally posted by rpickle
Hi BLT. I bought the tractor with this motor in it. I was told it was a replacement and assumed a replacement for a KT.
What's the product label number?

quote:
Tractor is: 1690571 004726 Engine is: CH18s 62513 2301212587
Did the PO elude to any other wiring changes , like a new ignition switch, or have you got some pictures of what you got now?

quote:
The ignition switch is poorly drawn by me above. It is identical to another switch I have that I labeled as a Kohler.
Rick this is where I have a problem. There has to be a cube with four wires attached to it somewhere in the dash that converts igition circuit from a hot "on" to an open on. If it is not wired the way I mentioned, your mag coils are "toast" at a flip of the switch. I can wire one here but it it challenging when you have ask for questions. No disrespect to you.

Well Bob, I am certain there is no cube. I removed the wire harness this afternoon and did not disconnect something as you describe. I guess I am going to have to do some research on my own. Appreciate your help.

Since the wiring worked OK when you got the tractor and there's no "cube" Bob T asked about, the PO probably changed the ignition switch to a "Briggs" style. That is one where in the "off" position, the "G" (ground) terminal is connected to the "M" (magneto) terminal. Usually the "M" terminal has the white "mag kill" wire connected to it. Check the continuity on the "Kohler" switch you have vs the switch installed in the tractor. They should be different: Kohler has a +12v hot wire for the coil ignition vs the Briggs (magneto style) which has a "ground" wire to kill the magneto.

quote:
Tractor is: 1690571 004726 Engine is: CH18s 62513 2301212587
Here is wire diagram as built. The switch pin out matches your description of what is on there now.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/1690571.jpg[/img]

I got some time today to go back over this. I have this wired like your last pic Bob, I just don't know what to do with the "I" and "R" leads that go into the connectors in your picture. Please bear with me as I have been awake since yesterday afternoon.... In the pictures below, what needs to be connected to the engine wire harness? I feel like such an idiot, but this is kicking my butt. [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/rpickle/014-2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/rpickle/013.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/rpickle/016-2.jpg[/IMG] In the last pic, the pinkish wire is the wire going to the starter relay. The heavy red wire by itself is going to the ammeter. The yellowish looking wire is an unknown. The lug with the red and white wire has the white wire going to the light switch and the red going to the terminal board(expansion board). The wire that can't be seen is the black one from "I" on the ignition switch. I don't where it should go. This should be so dang simple. Thanks for any help and/or sympathy:D

Here is command wire diagram from thier servive manual.
[img]/club2/attach/PhanDad/Command_Connector_Diagram1a.jpg[/img]
Based in the wire diagram that was supplied when it was installed, this will work. Short of having the tractor here, this is the best I can offer.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/KT to Command rewire.jpg[/img]