Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FFA

SimplicitySwede

I know some of you guys said you were in FFA. Well guys I just won Il state proficiency in Ag Mech Repair and maintenance entrepreneurship. Its a pretty big deal to me. Keep records on my projects do pay off Heres some help on understanding this In FFA you have an SAE, Supervised Agriculture Experience. It when you keep records on a hobby , job ,or livestock, anything Ag Related. Well I started mine keeping Records on a Farmall M. Year after that I took records on my M, Yeoman and 71 GMC. Last Year I kept records on Tractors, trucks, and lawn mowers. My records are kept in a book. There 25 Sections in the IL State FFA. Each section has a competion for each SAE Catergory (theres 50 total. MY Catergory is Ag Mech Repair and Maintenance Entre.) The best of those advance to District (5 Districts in IL) The Winner of District advances to State. Which is the top 5 in the State from Each District. So I have the Best book in my Catergory in the State of IL

Congrats it good to see young people interested in things other than video games,and drugs and girls.(Sorry girls are alright.) Keep up the good work,this is just a beginning of a higher level of competition.

Great job!dOd:J My uncle, who farmed his entire life (except for 2 years in the Marines in Korea) always told me, that with all the meetings, seminars, etc, that the FFA kids went to, FFA stood for "father farms alone....."

Excellent! Congrats! You have much to be proud of. Best in any state, in any category is a pretty big accomplishment. Now, Jared, on to National, Continental, and the World Champion!!!