Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

condenser thoughts for Simplicity.

eugenedrago

I want to thank you all again for your thoughts on my tractor issues. I thought it would be easy to replace the condenser on my model 19 Briggs. It looks like they are hard to come by, so much for the possible quick and easy fix. Before I switch to a new type of ignition system, does anybody know of or has replaced the condenser with a compatible more readily available one? I would think that there has got to be one that can replace the original. The original was part number for the condenser is 291369. Thanks, Gene.

My Briggs part manual says the part number is 298060. Briggs part number 455022 replaces the old number 298060. Any outdoor power place that handles Briggs part should be able to order. They are around $10.00 each. Ebay is loaded with them. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=briggs+298060&_sacat=159912&_odkw=allis&_osacat=159912&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Thank you Ray! The part number I used was from a manual that covered Briggs model 23A's. So I may have given bad info on the part number. ;)

If you want a copy of the part manual. Send me your email address in a private message and I will send you a copy today sometime. Any other manual if I have it.

Ray, It appears that the model 19 differs from the model 19D's. The coil and condensers are different for sure.

The points are different also on the model 19 from the 19D's. The straight model 19 seems to be identical with the model 23's parts breakdown. At least for the electrical system. Now I am back to thinking that the 291369 was the original condenser on this motor. I greatly appreciate your effort and for sending me the breakdown! Gene.

Ray, I would think that Briggs numbers you gave me will help even though the condenser has a different mounting style to it. I would think that they have to be close as far as their capacity abilities. I could always modify the bracket or mount it external of the box on the side of the block I guess. Do you have any thoughts on the capacity abilities being the same or close enough? Thank you again for your help and time in this Ray! Gene.

I was able to find a condenser part # 291369 on ebay. Between the coil and condenser now on there way I am hoping this will solve the issues that have been plaguing me!!!! I am also going to try and grab a head gasket at my local Briggs dealer. Thank you all again for your help!! Gene.