Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

Lombardini Parts

maxtorman1234
Hello, A while back I bought a 920 with a basket case Lombardini. I need one rod, and two piston and ring sets. I looked up the prices on this site http://www.m-and-d.com/Acme-Lombardini-Parts.html The price of one piston is almost what I paid for the machine! , 375 for a piston, and 300 for a rod and bearing, I will not be rebuilding this engine. Does anybody know any other places at all for these parts? I thought kohler prices were steep... they look nice right about now. Looks like I will be trying to sell this machine if prices aren't more reasonable. Pretty discouraging, but it is what it is, anyways any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance!

BLT
Graham, unfortunately you are looking for repair parts for an engine that has been out of production for better then twenty years. Replacement parts when the engine was in production were not cheap. It is not a cheap gasoline engine. Best looking for used parts if you can find them.

maxtorman1234
Thanks guys, I've looked on ebay, there is a block and heads and some other parts, but no pistons or rods, Unfortunately I think im going to have to use his thinking and part this thing out to recover my costs, I'd be looking at 1,200 + shipping, A 27HP Command is $1900, or There's an Allis 210 I can pick up locally for $2000, I think I'll save up for that.

Chris727
That sounds like scrap price for the two-ten ag tractor. Now if you want to see something expensive to work on, its a 40 year old 100+ HP farm tractor. One rear tire is around $1000 here in the U.S.

Al
Hi, Lombardini parts have always been expensive. Diesel parts are way way above gas parts. Keep in mind rebuilding a diesel truck engine is in the 8 to 10,000.00 dollar range. We had an electric clutch short out and destroy the crank and rod and main bearings in Kubota 21 hp about 10 years ago and it cost over 2500.00 to fix that. Kohler now owns Lombardini and they are now Kohler diesels. Your Kohler dealer should be able to get you what parts are available. I remember working on a John Deere 350 diesel crawler about 40 years ago and a rebuilt Roosa injection pump was about 750.oo way back then. My thoughts, they are free, value accordingly. Al Eden

maxtorman1234
Thanks guys, I know It's not any use for one of these little tractors, but I can buy pistons for my 5 cyl Mercedes for the same price as these 2 lombardini pistons, and a running 6bt cummins is less than the cost of the pistons and rod, I do have larger machines I can actually get work done with to spend this $$ on, and the 210 runs, has decent tires, beyond that I wont know until I'm serious about it, I phoned my local Kohler dealer, but i think he was too lazy to look anything up just said "oh that's separate i cant help you" So that was no help. If anybody needs any Lombardini parts, I have a complete engine minus pistons, 1 rod, and air cleaner.

MysTiK
I called TERP (Simp dealer near Belleville, ON) he's has nothing. Also called Earl Trewin (TREWIN FARM EQUIPMENT) Blackstock, ON which is somewhere west of Peterboro (rural). Trewin's name pops up A LOT in tractor talks with my friends. He has nothing either, but he gave me a shot in the dark lead to a guy that used to have one, maybe still does?? - sorry no details, maybe worth a phone call. see PM. I'm sending you a PM with that "long shot" contact info included. I would suggest run a WANTED ad on kijiji or craigs, if you haven't already. Beyond that if I hear anything I will let you know.

Dark
if you can find specs for pistons and rods i'm sure you can have them billeted or find another piston that can be machined to that spec one would be surprised at what works when machining parts brigs 3.5 horse pistons are used for many Indian motorcycle replacements just as an example

maxtorman1234
Thanks guys, I've done some calling around, checking websites, and I've come to the conclusion I'm giving up on this diesel. I would need both rods, pistons and rings, I haven't even checked the crank yet, there's several external parts missing also. I'll post a picture of the rods and pistons that were butchered in this engine. Totally unbelievable anyone would think to do that.