Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 done(updated 6-6)

bud119195

Been working on the 725 finally. I am using the Rustolium Chevy Orange paint.Its alittle more orange than origional but that dont matter to me since tractor wont be all origional

Muffler pipe will hve to be peplaced with a shorter one and I Painted some of the stuff black To add a little color sice the hi lo is also black. Cant find material for a gill so what I came up with will do for now.

That's looking real good! Nice save from the scrap heap, and a HiLo to boot! Kinda interested in your teeny tiney front wheels...a picture from the side would be frosting on the cake 8)

Nice job. A shorter muffler was necessary on mine too so that the muffler could keep the gas warm going up the flow jet, otherwise it would freeze and the tractor would run like ... well you know. Keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Got more done on the 725 this week .Need to paint hood and rims and mount tires and get a seat made yet.Painted some of the stuff black to add a little color.

Also thanks to TimFlurry for the special nuts on the hi lo and to Josh(Talntedmrgreen) for the choke lever that is in the mail

Todd, this is as close as you can get to the original, as well along as you are (great job) It's a little late, but this is what I am using... Rustolium #248947 "Gloss Red-Orange" engine paint , I tested this on my 46" blade (excellent match), replaced the Dupli-Color at Auto Zone! Wayne

Dang Wayne,,, Now you got me thinking. I wonder if that paint comes in cans so I can reduce it and shoot it with my spray gun?

That is sure looking good !! you mounting a light on the hood? if not do you have the plug for it to fill in the hole?

Looks Great! The Last question about the light keeps me wondering if lighting was an option on the 725. Previous post. CDeHeer Contributor USA 143 Posts Posted - 03/20/2012 : 18:49:39 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mine does not have the light option and I do not see any indication of a punch out for the switch. The hood does have a cap where the light would mount and the seat pan has the hole. The manual makes no mention of the light either. Had this one running this past weekend until the carb float filled up. Should have a new one in by the the weekend. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Alert Moderator CDeHeer Contributor USA 143 Posts Posted - 03/20/2012 : 19:24:17 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just remembered this post http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120625 The 700 shown first has the light but the 3- 725s listed later do not. The features section of the "new in" section also lists the light option for the 700 but not the 725. Was the option omitted for the 725? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Edited by - CDeHeer on 03/20/2012 19:26:24

The 700/725's didn't have a dash switch. The 'L' terminal on the regulator was wired directly to the light, and the light would have had a switch built in.

So the hole drilled in the dash was probably drilled by someone other than factory.Looks like a good place to put a switch for a hood light.But not sure if I will put a light on it or not (that single light looks kinda weird to me)

I could be mistaken, but from the headlight manual pics I've seen, that seemed to always be the way they were. I, personally, really like the cyclops light look. If nothing else, they are easy to pull back off if you don't like it! ^ I'm a fan of the color too...I've always like the redness that the old walk behinds and early riders had to the paint.

I like the light on mine as well. I think it looks real neat. Gives it that old-timer look.

• 4 weeks later...
Just about done.got a seat ordered from Mary Gearheart. Got the new white handles from Wells Implement.Had it running and driving tonight but I think carb needs to be redone,Gas pours out the bottom after it is shut off so I'm thinking the float is set to high. Hopefully seat arrives soon so I can get some more pics,Also need to find the trim pieces for the grill,seems I misplaced them.