Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Hribar

SunRunner

Ronald Hribar
Got Sun Runner all put together and running well exchanged 36 inch deck with 42, as it seemed the easiest way to put bagger on. put a different interlocl module on. redid ground and was ready to go. First thing happened was That I had to replace cicuit breaker. Reset deck to a full 3 1/2 height. Wenty out to mow last night, almost seemed 3 1/2 was too much . machine ran well, seemed down in power. and no way could I go up my hill in back yard. toiday I have to address two problems traction and cut height I have a set of lug tires to put on, and will load them with washer fluid. I used to laugh at my Dad, he mowed with chains on tires. that could be possibility. The cut height has to be changed because i have idler pulleys rubbing on support arms. That should be very easy as I have all the adjustment bolts freed up. will have to check if throttle is set correctly and find out why the lever moves. But all in all was very pleased with unit. Steering will take some getting used to, but I did not hit anything last night

Ronald Hribar
put a set of lug tires on. Got them from Tucker Tire. Put them on extra set of rims and loaded them with washer fluid. NO more problem with traction. Now looking for a little more horse power. Thinking of 23 hp vanguard.

ka9bxg
I agree with the traction poroblem.I was thinking abour chains but doesnt it chew up the ground when turning around trees. I really like my fch if it stays in the yard.Neigbor likes to steal it and now he also takes the 4041 powermax .