Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
locknut

New lift for footdragger

Recommended Posts

locknut
Had a power lift on the front for the blower,but wouldn't work for lifting the deck,so I designed something on the back to do everything.Works good so far.Here's some pics and a link to a video. [IMG]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/Simplicity%203210V/002-2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/Simplicity%203210V/004.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/Simplicity%203210V/005.jpg[/IMG] http://s498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/locknut-1/Simplicity%203210V/?action=view¤t=001-9.mp4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
locknut
Follow-up on construction.Didn't have the OEM rod so I used some fine thread threaded rod and .049 wall tubing from McMaster-Carr.In the back I put some scrap 7/8 threaded rod in the lift brkt hole and had a t-bracket welded to the end.The pivot has a piece of 1/4' flat bar folded over the top and welded for the top attach point for the actuator.For the sleeve hitch lift rod,I used two 1/2" threaded gate post hinge bolts and a coupler nut for adjustment.Removed the factory hitch and bolted up two lengths of angle iron which provides the sleeve hitch pivot point and lower mount for the actuator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×