Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

GE Electric pull behind vaccum

Guest Jef

While on my ride to the country last weekend where I picked up my Brinly tool bar I discovered one of those things that was so cheap I had to buy it. It is a GE electric tow behind vaccum, I guess to be used with the GE electric tractor. It is pretty well built and was so cheap I couldn't resist $10.00. The electric motor says it runs at 3600 rpm so I thought maybe I could get rid of the electric motor and throw on a 8 hp gas I have sitting around. If you saw this vaccum you would know why I couldn't resist. It's got potential. Has anyone ever seen one or used one ? Does anyone have any info on them ? Does anyone know if info is still available from GE ? I know I have seen stuff on the GE tractors on E-Bay before. Thanks, Al

Check out this[A href='http://www.geocities.com/electraktractors/']http://www.geocities.com/electraktractors/[/a]

Herb, that was a nice link. I didn't see the vaccum but saw some other interesting stuff like the Brinly tool bar. You would be impressed if you saw this vaccum, it is pretty beefy, I just couldn't resist. That's the problem. Thanks for the link. Al

Al, I had a GE ElecTrak E-8 tractor and used it for years - it was great! About 2 years back I traded it for a Simplicity 725. I'll try to dig up the info on a GE discussion list I used to read. I know GE doesn't support any of it - they sold the line to Wheel Horse & others back in the '70's I think. As I understand, there is still complete parts & technical support from someone in the mid-west and I'll have to dig that up for you too. Sounds like a find!! John(ri)

Thanks for your help. I am just curious and by no means am interested in getting a GE tractor. I just thought the vaccum attachment was well built and could easily be adapted to be used with a gas powered engine then to be pulled behind my B-210. I do appreciate any info in this area, but I would never get rid of my AC B210 after discovering this site. Thanks, Al