Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tiller purchase

GregB

Some pics of the 1693578 Tiller I snagged off Epay. [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item3f160c8978&item=270952860024&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=DBfmv18qbrG1hFvGuB63BULTD4Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc[/url] Went on with some adjusting of pulleys and idlers. Used the belt and idlers from the revitalizer set-up. Have not tilled yet, it is finally raining here in South central PA. They are already talking Drought :O
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/sm616till.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/sm616till2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/sm616till3.jpg[/img]

Awsome buy Greg...dOd I paid much more than that for mine & its about the same model. Don't ya just love E-bay & C-List when you get a good deal sm01

The tiller came off a newer Landlord/1700/2700. The Aution buyer who got the tractor did not buy the tiller. I got the tiller, the drive belt, jackshaft pullies and idler set-up, no lift. Oh and the included but not needed Sleeve hitch :D Same tiller, different idler and drive systems.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/tilldrive.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/tilldrive2.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to see, what my new parts "donor" Landlord is going to provide for my project. I know the seat deck, grill, rims, and the instrument tower assembly looks 100% better than on my '68. That tillerlooks like it can do an ecellent job of preparing a nice seed bed. Wayne

Thanks for the copper tip, replacing top bearings, if the tillers come off (really froze on and it is keyed, not going to be easy) will post the retro fit.