Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Kent

What is the new Simplicity tractor?

swood
From what I understand, it is going to severly sloped in the nose, like the cubs and others, not really sure why, who needs aerodynamics mowing grass. Sorry, but I have looked at new ones and just had to laugh, even the "heavy duty" tractors do not compare to ours. The newest one I have is the 89 Sun Star and I have a 89 Allis 1920. My first glance had me thinking they were not as well built, but boy was I wrong. I still have a couple of old gals, but my wife is bugging me to buy a NEW one...NO WAY < Not me, will work on these til I or they finally give up and just plain quit... Alot of zero turns for simplicity this year, They seem very popular...junk if you ask me....just my thoughts, goodnight

Kent
Since it seems a bit slow -- no one else must be having tractor problems but me... SMILE! So, I thought I'd throw this out for discussion... I've heard that Simplicity will soon (next couple of weeks?) be announcing through dealer channels a new tractor. I've been hearing rumors of a new tractor since the Sovereign was discontinued.... The first rumor I heard was a cheaper version of the Legacy, without all the bells and whistles, to get it down into Sovereign's price range.... Then I heard that they may replace the Landlord with a new design that better bridges the gap between the Broadmoor and the Legacy.... What rumors are you hearing? What would you like to see?

fomoco390
I would like to see the old Sovereign back in action -- in reality, the development and tooling are already paid for, so the price should not be that expensive. If that tractor had foot pedals for the hydro controls, it would have sold much better, I think....oh, and a cupholder. Maybe I'm biased, but I haven't found a better built tractor than the old guys, and the 48" deck on my 716H will take a backseat to none. I only hope that whatever new tractor comes along will be improved, not just new. James

BradW
It is a beefed up landlord with heavier components to replace the soverign at a cheaper price, the dealship was informed on this and we will be getting them shortly, I am the person who puts the new lawnmowers together and when we get it, I will post some pictures of it on here, just to let you know,-BradW