Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rear lift kit - ac 712 vs simp 3416

mbsengineer

Does anyone happen to know offhand if all the pieces for a rear lift kit on a Simplicity 3416 are the same as for an AC 712? If I knew the manuf. # for both lift kits I could cross-check the parts list and numbers for each, but I'm having a hard time finding these. Thanks for any help.

Actually, you can piece meal it. For instance I have an older style rear lift, you can make your own cable and,lastly getting the pulley bushing, guide and bolt shouldn't be to difficult.

I was wanting a "Sleeve Hitch" which is aka as a "one point hitch", in Simp terminology; but that also required a "rear lift assembly". Well, just try and advertize "Wanted: SH and Rear Lift Assembly". I had several pix and a 500 word essay on the ad - and got few responses - all of which revealed that nobody knew what I was on about. 2 or 3 revised ads later, a guy responded, had several on several tractors, under 50 bucks too, so it worked - took at least a month to get there tho. It seems the only folks that know are also tractor fanatics like us. So I gained a new "tractor friend" also. (one other guy responded - he had exactly my tractor, with exactly what I needed, sent me an exact pix of it - I dunno what happened, communication breakdown - I may have stimulated an all new interest in tractors for him. who knows?). You can use "cable clamps" to either make your own, or change the cable length to fine tune existing parts. The manuals are, to me, a little crazy on this too - I found three different parts and attachments manuals with 3 different "rear lift assemblies" and the diagrams all required an interpreter, for this struggling (armchair) mechanic. :J sm01
  • Like 1

The rear lift kits from a 3400, 700 and 7000 series work on the 900 and 7100 series as well. I also have the old style B series rear lift on a 900 - 7100 series with a cable from a 700 - 7000 series. The adjustable cable used on the 900 - 7100 series isn`t needed. If you have no intention of using a moldboard plow the B series rear lift works great with a cable. If you do you can always weld on what is needed.

Thanks all! I know I could piece meal it, but I'm trying to get the whole package together if I can. I have a few small kids at home, so I just don't have the time to find one piece here, and another there, etc. And when I see the whole kits on eBay, they sell for like $150 ... that just seems crazy to me! Thanks again!

If you type in 1690404 on the home page and price the parts piece meal from Jack's, my guess is new parts will cost you double as used "kits" cost on Ebay. The number I offer is the complete set of parts that you could get as a kit one time.

here is a reasonable priced rear lift that sold on Ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150806062662 but it says its for an AC 700 series. From what BLT posted, the kit for the this tractor has a cable and guides, and not a solid rod. Does anyone know the deal?

quote:
Originally posted by mbsengineer
here is a reasonable priced rear lift that sold on Ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150806062662 but it says its for an AC 700 series. From what BLT posted, the kit for the this tractor has a cable and guides, and not a solid rod. Does anyone know the deal?
That is for the original 700 & 725 Simplicities. Will not work with the 3400 Sims and 710 thru 718 Allis tractors. Besides the lift rod is to be straight, not formed like a pretzel:D.

quote:
Unfortunately for the buyer, that lift set was from a 300/400 series Allis Chalmers and wont work on a 700 series...for a number of reasons

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
quote:
That is for the original 700 & 725 Simplicities. Will not work with the 3400 Sims and 710 thru 718 Allis tractors. Besides the lift rod is to be straight, not formed like a pretzel:D.
AC 300/400 series BoB, not 700/725 The 300 /400 series lifts had a slide on the rod (as in picture) with a bolt on support bracket on the side of the lift to fascillitate a "float" action. The tubes on the 300 series were also larger diameter than the Simplicity counterparts, and the lift unit itslef was taller on the 300/400 series than the Simplicity versions or 700/900 series AC versions.

I don't know what the SOLD item on ebay is; but what i installed on my 716H does not have a 3foot long rod on it. Mine has a cable, that installs a pulley w a stop on it, and also hooks onto the "rockshaft". It was hard to get accurate info. For some reason I do not recall now, I did save just ONE manual in my rear lift attach folder. You can download that through simpletractors.com, or brigggs manual site = MFG = 1690404 This seems like the right stuff, and is a good manual with pictures of the parts and where and how they install also. hope that helps. WHOOOPS B) - I just noticed BLT posted this same MFG number way back at the start of the thread. It's a good manual, Bob. I 2nd the motion. :D :D