Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

freight to Wisconsin

rokon2813

Interesting story with it. It mainly only needs upholstery and wood work and tires to complete. The missing cab was made of wood, and the seat bottom is missing. It has not been started this year, but ran fine last year. It was owned by a long standing Greenhouse. They used it mainly to go 1 mile to the rail yard to pick up coal for the coal boiler heating the greenhouse. Also used it to haul grain a couple miles to the mill. Apparently only driven about 5 miles at a time its entire life. Used by one family for 2 generations and sold to the current owner by the third generation The odometer shoes 35,500 original miles. The dump bed is hand crank up and down. Has a crank for the engine, but also electric start. The owner could not remember the year. He thought 27 or 29 or possibly 39 The current owner is swapping it even up for an Army Mule.

Headlights must have been an option! LOL Neat oldtimer, unusual to find something unmolested that age anymore. What's an Army mule?

Would have had to been 1920's I believe. 39's were styled. I looked up some pictures. Not much room for tractors it looks8)

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Not much room for tractors it looks8)
The dump box is empty.:D:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Would have had to been 1920's I believe. 39's were styled. I looked up some pictures. Not much room for tractors it looks8)
I dunno, got 2 RBT's on, a cart, 2 decks, 2 cultivators, a PM plow, a snow cab and some other misc. :D:D:D

I met Dan yesterday at 6 pm. in Ohio. He was missing one tractor and the cart! lol We swapped a few implements and he said he was going to get close to Chicago before stopping for the night.

Here's Dan's first stop at Sandy Lake Implement. I borrowed Brenda's camera, thanks Brenda, and grabbed a quick pic in front of the old Chevy. We got Brenda from behind the parts counter long enough for a picture.

quote:
Here's Dan's first stop at Sandy Lake Implement. I borrowed Brenda's camera, thanks Brenda, and grabbed a quick pic in front of the old Chevy. We got Brenda from behind the parts counter long enough for a picture.
Now that sure is a motly looking crew!

It made it to Wisconsin, my place as advertised. We, Rockon2813, Simpleton7016, Chuckdog, CleanBee and myself sat around the kitchen table and talked a bit while it rained and then got to the business of unloading.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/rockon01.jpg[/img]
Okay we do we start??
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/rockon02.jpg[/img]
It's in there somewhere.4i
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/rockon04.jpg[/img]
CleanBee got his plow.dOd
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/rockon05.jpg[/img]
Chuckdog got his plow.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/rockon06.jpg[/img]
Unloading RonaldHribar's tractor.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/rockon07.jpg[/img]
L to R; Simpleton7016, CleanBee, Chuckdog, me, Rockon2813. Also in the dump box of the truck Dan was hauling was a Waterloo Boy 4-1/2 HP engine,similar to this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4H5keq1Wjg ,weighing in about 1000 - 1500 lbs. That's why he couldn't put anything else in that space.

Come listen to a story about a man named Jed A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed, Then one day he was shootin' at some food, And up from the ground came a bubblin' crude. Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea. Well the first thing you know ol' Jed's a millionaire, His kinfolk said, 'Jed, move away from there!' They said, 'Californy is the place you oughtta be.' So, they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly. Hills, that is, Swimmin' pools, movie stars. Well now its time to say goodbye to Jed and all his kin. And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin' in. You're all invited back next week to this locality To have a heapin' helpin' of their hospitality Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off. Y'all come back now, y'hear?
quote:
Brenda: Now that sure is a motly looking crew!
Us Wisconsinites sure make you out East look good! :D Nice meeting everyone and a special thanks to Dan for making the trip, sort-of like Santa in April. Dan

Looks like I made out okay I had a funeral to attend and Bob agreed to take deliveryt of my tractor Thanks ERic,Dan,Bob,Dan and ChuckDog for unloading tractor for me

Thanks for sharing a great trip and story...Love the old truck, nice bit of history...Travel safe guys sm01

1970 miles later...me and the mule made it home :D:D

Cool toy, hi and low range, looks like 3 speed plus reverse, 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering, and best of all.... a cast iron briggs stuffed under there 9 hp :D:D:D