Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

COMEeeeee-onnnnnn Spring----Losing Ground

MPH
Hadda get my bee trailer out today, had a flat tire and I wasn't about to walk in a foot of snow to get to it with the tank, so I took the cab off the B-112 and went out in a t shirt to remove the snow.

Then I went looking for my raised bed garden top soil project, as the snow on the north side of them trees is the LAST I have, I moved it too.

decided that blown snow in a t-shirt at 55 degrees was kinda fun so I blew some just to pictures

Getting build up for 18 hives of these bugs used up my past month

Ole man winter is fighting back after raining all night, flakes the size of pillow feathers

huffy
I'm jealous. Steve-Wis has his post about rolling his lawn in nice spring weather, now you've got your post about still being able to blow snow. I'm stuck here in MI with no snow, no grass growing yet, and hence no chance to get any real seat time. I'm envious!

rpickle
Thanks for the pics Marty. You are more than ready for a thaw. I understand your winter was particularly brutal. Are the bees some kind of arctic blend? Did you loose many of them this past winter?

MPH
We were kinda lucky in Tok snow depth wise compared to the records set on the gulf coast, stills been a long one. I only wintered 3 hives, 2 are looking good, one I requeened and it's looking soso.

MPH
I move my bees about 3 times during the course of the summer Rick, first, like starting this weekend outta the yard to several [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img] willow location I zeroed in on tha also have Aspen and birch trees for pollen around, then toward the end of May there some wild Rose and berries near by. Move 2 is off to fireweed in old burn areas the last half of June, that should be good til first week of Aug, then I move them to that invasive whiteclover the state planted along the road years ago til after labor day, then home by mid sept, the best to winter, the rest get killed off.

MPH
Last year I had two hive produced honey as dark as molasas in one location, had a lot of "normal' honey color and a couple gallons of water white as it's called, close to pure fireweed honey. I have an extractor for getting the honey out of the frames after decapping the filled comb.

Kent
You're really getting into the honey bee business, Marty! I'm glad to see those who can and will do it... my Dad had about 20 hives on the farm, when I was growing up... Must say, it looks like you're getting ready to plant another Snow Pea crop in this pic, though...
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/MPH/4.21GardenDirt.jpg[/img]

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC716
  • Today's Birthdays

1. acey
      acey
      (68 years old)
    2. Gary
      Gary
      (68 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts