Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MadMike

Hydraulic Tiller

MadMike
Has Simplicity ever offered a hydraulic tiller? A friend at work says someone near his home has one for sale. I'll have photos in the next few days to verify but thought I could ask here while I wait. Thanks

MysTiK
Rear lift mechanisms, for lift and lower the tiller, came as manual, electric and hydraulic LIFTS. I have not heard of tiller itself being hydraulic, if that's what you mean.

MadMike
Yes, tiller itself. Description I have so far says hydraulic hoses run from the tractor to the unit. A retrofit Case would make sense, with sun fade, they both may look like the same color. If this is the case (no pun intended), I can't figure how/where hoses would come off of the tractor hydraulic unit. I'll post photos when I get them.

1Litre
Case/Ingersoll tractors are driven by a gear pump on the engine and plumbed to a two spool valve for ground drive and hydraulic lift. They had the optional spool valve mounted in back for optional equipment. For a short time they drove the mower deck with hydraulic power.

MadMike
Well, it was a Case / Ingersol. 16 HP ONAN, Mower Deck, and a 40" or 42" tiller. Package went for $400.00. Someone got a great deal, unfortunately it wasn't me or my co-worker. :(!