Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

engine pulley

steve-wis
Going to repower my Allis 810GT. It is the same as a Simplicity 6010. I searched Jacks and a couple of other parts places looking for the engine pulley but no results. Are these available anywhere? I am afraid mine may not come off very well. The part number is 1557118. Any help is, as always, appreciated! Steve

JimDk
Steve, I took one of those off an 8hp with a puller and a little heat from a propane torch. I did not pull hard due to the flimsey nature of those double pulleys. Someone should have a used one that you could buy, if yours is not usable.

dentwizz
Heat and PB blaster work well together. Well, in series but together. Heat the peices well, then soak with the PB. Over the course of a day or a couple days of doing that off and on, keeping it soaked it should make it a lot more amenable to removing. I have to use that trick a lot on Briggs vertical shaft flywheels and other such hard to remove items.

1Litre
I have had goog luck with PB Blaster. Spray it on the crank on top of the assembly a couple days befor you try pulling the pulley. I turn the engine upside down on the floor.I grab the pully with leather gloves on and lift it just off the floor while a friend places a drift punch down into the crank. A few brisk hits with the hammer and the engine drops to the floor and the pulley is in hand. Does that unit have the double pulleys in the box forward of the axle to direct the belt back to the mower?

steve-wis
Thanks for the info. The reason I am thinking it will be a hard job to remove is because it looks like the previous owner drove the thing on with a big hammer, it is pretty well beat up on the end of the center tube. Won't know till I pull the engine on Saturday tho. Will undate when I know more. Thanks again! Steve