Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GWGAllisfan

kohler regulator/rectifier

GWGAllisfan
I'm looking for a replacement on of these for my K301 in my AC-712S
[img]/club2/attach/GWGAllisfan/20120425_1630112.jpg[/img]
This is apparently hard to find, with this L-shaped connection set up. The numbers on it are Repco FG-4175 The three termilas are marked AC on the top two and the bottm one is the B+ (Battery) connection. From my AC-712 manula it appears the AC number was 1604532. Any body know a Kohler cross for this or any other numbers?

maxtorman1234
Hey, all the 15 amp kohler rectifiers/regulators are the same. The smaller new ones will work, you just need a different connector abd mount them differently. I have a couple of that style around here,

BobT
quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234
Hey, all the 15 amp kohler rectifiers/regulators are the same. The smaller new ones will work, you just need a different connector abd mount them differently. I have a couple of that style around here,
I had a friend mill out a pocket in the back of the old regulator heatsink to accept the new style Kohler regulator. I put some heatsink grease on the surface between the new regulator and heatsink and then bolted the old regulator/heatsink back on which presses the new regulator against the heatsink. It's been working for 15 years that way. I replaced the old connector with three individual insulated 0.250" faston terminals.

GregB
I'm pretty sure this is the one I put on my 716 with the 16hp Kohler http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-REGULATOR-RECTIFIER-JOHN-DEERE-KOHLER-MODEL-K-/220845741545?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336b6e95e9&vxp=mtr Fixed the no charge bouncing meter problem I talked about here: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120159 Greg

Al
Hi, I would just use one of the new type regulators. You can cut a small rectangular hole in the blower housing like the later K series have. The new style is smaller and the "pins" are in line. They need to be in the air stream of the cooling fan. They fit in a rectangular opening with the top on the inside of the housing. The pin out is stator , 12v, stator. This will be much much cheaper than a new one of the old type if you are able to find it. If you have any issues regarding this, call me at 319-462-2214 from a cell or 1-800-462-2218 from a land line. Al Eden