Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

720 spark plugs

cncman08

I am running autolite 216 spark plugs in my 720. I am wondering if these are the correct plugs to run. They look a little light in color, but it seems to run well. What plugs are you guys running out there.

If the tip and electrode are gray to white and the surrounding area is kind of brownish with no carbon build up that is as about a good as it comes.

The electrode is light gray and the surrounding area is black with carbon but not really any build up ..... Is that pretty good ?

quote:
Originally posted by cncman08
The electrode is light gray and the surrounding area is black with carbon but not really any build up ..... Is that pretty good ?
It could be a heat range problem or or a slight overfueling (rich mixture) condition. I assume you do not have an oil consumption problem and how long have the plugs been in the engine? Also I am assuming that the correct crossover brand plug is being used.

i am not sure the autolite 216 is the proper plug i was hoping some one would know that i was also hoping to find out what some of the others are using for plugs in their 720 or power max

quote:
Originally posted by cncman08
i am not sure the autolite 216 is the proper plug i was hoping some one would know that i was also hoping to find out what some of the others are using for plugs in their 720 or power max
What is the product number of tractor? You can download an operators manual here and that will give that information.

Here is a good cross over guide. http://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/SparkPlugCrossReferenceChart.htm Some of these plugs are a hoter plug. Onan part # 167-0241 non resistor plug # 167-0237 resistor type plug Motocraft = AL-5 Autolite = A5 or 3926 I am using a Champion H-8 and runs fine.