Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finkbeinerpulling

Blue allis early B-10????????

Finkbeinerpulling
ill have to get a picture when its light outside tomorrow, i just realized it has a landlord 101 grille on it as well. the allis hood is yellow on the bottom so i know its not original as it doesn't match anything else. we originally thought it was a repaint but we found another one like it in the guys junkyard which made us wonder. its the quality of a factory paint job too.........

goatfarmer
quote:
Originally posted by stevenb210
i have seen 2 blue b10s from factory and one b1
IN BLUE? That's very unusual. I know Deere patio tractors were available in a variety of colors, didn't know about AC's.....

Chris727
It could have been a government issued machine or a prototype of some sort. Blue ones were never available to the general public. In my 11-1/2 years of collecting I've never seen one.

Finkbeinerpulling

Here she is, i didn't include the hood because i know thats not original, there is simplicity paint underneath the blue and with the landlord grille I'm thinking its actually a simplicity. beyond that, i have no idea, there is one more just like it in the guys boneyard though.

huffy
I've been at a few auctions where they were selling old tractors that had been used to mow or clear snow, etc, at local post offices. Some of them had been painted blue; some white.

Finkbeinerpulling
what i mean is that even under the dash, in every little corner-theres blue paint, and the engine and grille are painted silver. yeah it was red at a time but its like someone went through a lot of trouble to leave no trace of it.....

CDeHeer
I bet that Hubcap was not painted at the factory. I agree the first machine was probably a municiple machine and re-painted by a dealer. A Dealer would probably not be interested today.