Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

engine swap

steve-wis

The 810GT had an 11 hp briggs that the previous owner had taken out of a murray. It ran ok but always seemed tired and also didn't seem to be running at 3400 RPM, like it ran slow. I had adjusted the governor and changed the carb without any improvement. So yesterday, I spent a few hours out at Bear's place, where we transplanted a newer 12 hp that I bought from him. Had a lot of fun working with him and the tractor runs much better. Can't wait to get it on the snowblower next winter and see how it works. Here are a few pics of the new engine in the tractor. Thanks to Bear for the engine and the help changing it, and for a good time doing it. Also thanks to his daughter for the really good cake! Steve

Jim, Was a direct bolt in job, even the wiring just plugged in. Nice when it is that easy. Steve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RedbarnRick
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts