Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116 from Dan's road trip.

JimDk

The 7116 that Dan delivered to me at Sandy Lake Imp. It came from "Daddycat's" collection. As Dan told me, it did need some carb work. After combining parts from 2 carbs, it starts and runs. The Sundstrand and hydro lift seem tight. A future project possibilty. It's not a beauty queen, but is a fairly tight RBT. I'll hang a deck on it and work it some to check it out.

Good score Jim, nothing a little paint and decals won't fix, unless you've got other plans for it????? John U

Thanks, John. Good to see you back on duty. I hope you had a good trip home. The 7116 seems to be a solid unit. Has some rust under the battery box, but it's not terminal. I still need to mess with carb. I just did a quickie repair to get it off the trailer.

Hey Jim, good luck with your new project.
quote:
Originally posted by JimDk
The 7116 that Dan delivered to me at Sandy Lake Imp. It came from "Daddycat's" collection. As Dan told me, it did need some carb work. After combining parts from 2 carbs, it starts and runs. The Sundstrand and hydro lift seem tight. A future project possibilty. It's not a beauty queen, but is a fairly tight RBT. I'll hang a deck on it and work it some to check it out.
[img]/club2/attach/JimDk/7116rs.jpg[/img]

That looks like a bute to me...Like John said Paint & Decals and your set... Nice buy sm01

Thanks, all. It seems that the older I get, hydrostats and hydraulic lifts become more attractive. Next may come power steering????? Here's another "prize winner" parts tractor that I recently dragged home. The 7116 will get the seat and a few other usable parts from it.