Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

new hitch, got the pics on now! Added pics!!

steve-wis
Bought this sleeve hitch on ebay. Got around to getting it on the tractor this afternoon. I have the other half, one that I bought from MarksAC a while back. Now I need to convert my lift lever for right side use on rear attachments, which I will do this week. The only problem I have is my tiller fits the old hitch, and it would be a real job to switch them back and forth, so I guess I might be looking to swap my tiller and old hitch for a tiller to fit the new one. Anyway, here are pics of the new and old hitch. Steve

And now the old hitch.....

Got the right hand lift lever made and installed, sleeve hitch is now ready to use! Raining like crazy out so won't get the plow out of the back shed today, but next is to fit the plow and have it ready to use. Here are pics of the left side lift lever I had made last year for the tiller, along with the right hand side one I just made and installed, along with the sleeve hitch mounted.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
The only problem I have is my tiller fits the old hitch, and it would be a real job to switch them back and forth, so I guess I might be looking to swap my tiller and old hitch for a tiller to fit the new one. Anyway, here are pics of the new and old hitch. Steve
OR**get another tractor for tilling only.:D

huffy
quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
The only problem I have is my tiller fits the old hitch, and it would be a real job to switch them back and forth, so I guess I might be looking to swap my tiller and old hitch for a tiller to fit the new one.
Steve: I'm not really familiar with the tiller set up on your tractor, but what you may be able to do is get a piece of steel and bend and drill it to make a coupler for the sleeve hitch. Then weld or bolt the old hitch to the coupler. That way, you don't have to unbolt, etc, to switch out hitches every time - just drop in a pin and the old hitch is connected to the tractor via the new sleeve hitch. You'll likely have to get a longer belt for the tiller, and maybe make a few other slight adjustments, but I think it could be done fairly easily and then you could keep your current tiller.

steve-wis
Chris, As I look more a it, I think I can actually do some fab work and weld the main part of the old hitch to the bottom of the new one and have both. I can't get at it for a while tho, too many other projects going at the moment, and I won't need the tiller for a while either. I am about done converting the lift lever to be either left or right side to the rear. Then I am going to mount the plow and get it set up. Then a few back yard projects for the wife, then overhaul the engine in my Wonderboy, and then, back to the hitch. Hope summer lasts a while this year, I am going to need all the time I can get! Thanks for the advice, will keep you posted. Steve

Sign in to follow this