Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hurting Unit needs TLC - - - Oh, Really.?

MysTiK

http://belleville.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-outdoor-lawnmowers-leaf-blowers-LAWN-TRACTOR-W0QQAdIdZ376378936 I think the address yell kinda says it all. fish I was interested until I looked at exhaust manifold, and the rims, and the - omg, what is that? OO Then I started to feel ill. sm02 Anybody know where that pto is supposed be? 8 I won't be going after this one. :D If you have some disposable income, :D perhaps you might like this for your next resto. sm00 Then again, don't blame me for your decisions. 8 Be careful what you pray for. I was kinda thinking there should be more traxtors for sale in this area. Been slow lately. Now I think I prefer slow. crk8

Other than the price being a little high, that is a typical used, slightly abused, Simplicity that just needs one of our club members to give it some love. :) There is that fine Briggs engine and a tough Vickers transaxle that will easily outlast any box store plastic junk. Just need to look past the dirt and rust. There is a nice cast iron tractor hiding in there.dOd

From the pictures the rims just look surface rusted, looks like it even has a winter kit installed. The rear weights are worth $140. Price is still a little too high but I agree with Jim, it doesn't look too out of the ordinary.

Many good parts to keep other vintage tractors running is a way to look at it. I saw a 720 Allis at the junk yard yesterday turned into another bridge in China . I intended to save it from the crusher but it was impailed by a fork (length wise it was ugly)loader just as I inquired to purchase it . It was like this unit with rusty parts but not all banged up. Weathered paint and plastic but all there.

Gentle Men, I fully agree with your comments. dOd It's really just the starting point vs the price. A pressure washer would go a long way to selling it. Price is kinda over the top, esp. for a non-runner. There's no way to really assess it other than trained eye and experience. (and does it talk to you and say nice things) sm03 Rare model - I had to zoom in to see the 15hp (cast iron) is probly not a repower, indicated by "3415" decal. And the decal kinda indicates the messy is largely "surface". Rare (around here) flat Simp wheel weights w chains. And also I noted the deck AND the blower. (not shown). Candidate for resto, yes. Main problem is that price and none run. If the deck and blower are OK, the pix and the price get better. I got outrageously lucky when I bought both of mine, one running, one for parts, and a herd of attachs for very similar price. But that was 3 or 4 separate deals coming together over a year or so, and a lot of it was miraculous timing too. And they cleaned up with good old elbow grease, and look great from 20 feet. The pix in the ad made me feel ill. Maybe it's not so bad. I would sell separates myself. Anyway, it's not mine, no affiliation, and I am not pursuing it. It's about 2 hours away. My gas guzzling pickup would be ok one way; but near a half ton of "olde iron coming home" would add at least 50-75 bucks, or worse, in fuel. And then I'd be lost in it for months - which would be a party, of sorts. :J got this = email indicator = "just the basic to get running like replace fuel lines clean carb fresh gas,ran great when parked was at my cottage not used in the past 7- 8years" = that's the real story, huh. the guy knows stuff. sm01

MysTik, if you want to feel ill, take a look at this Sov. that I traded some white oak planks for. I sold the Command for enough to cover my lumber, and will use the few other good parts as I need them. It plowed salty sidewalks at a school for many years. It's rusted beyond help.

I do like the address though, Turn around road. Must be difficult to sell houses there with the negative subliminal message.