Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

314 motor

Ben_H

I have rebuilt the 14 hp kolher on my 314 H and it doesn't want to start. I will try a new spark plug tomrrow and see what happens. everything is new and i have gas and i have fuel. What should I do?

Have spark with the correct timing? Compression good?[A href='http://www.wheatfarm.com']http://www.wheatfarm.com[/a]

Hey there, If you give us all the details that you can on what you did and how you did it as well as what you have checked so far, somebody will be able to help you. If they can't help you, at least they will be able to lead you in the right direction with some more diagnosis. Good luck, Clayton

If after you have checked for,,, correct compression,spark and valve timing,and correct valve adjustment,spray a LITTLE carb choke cleaner in the carb throat.That usually wakes these puppies up!

i rebuilt the whole thing new everything. But, anyway i went out a bought a new plug today and she fired right up. The old plug didn't look too bad. I think i remember an instence of this type of thing happening before

Ben, I've had plugs look real good and fire up inside the porcelon before sparking at the tip. I put new plugs in the tractors I use every year. Glad it's running.. Marion W. Kerr