Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

916 front clutch on a 716 ?

cutley26

Hi guy I haven't been on for a long time but I got a deal on a front output clutch off of a Allis 916. From the looks of it it should fit my 716 has anyone ever put one on before any pics would be the biggest help ??

Send me your email address in a PM and I will send you installations instructions manual. It is not available as a download anymore.

PM me with your fav email, and I can send you a manual which might be helpful. I have an install on my agenda also. @ RayS is that a required adaptor kit? for difference between 916 and 716? correction, it adapts to fit Kohler 17, 18 hp. (see below).

The engagement rod is longer for the 916H. You more than likely will need to run a tap down the engagement rod to install on a 716H. Graham, Not sure what you are wanting to know. I post that picture as a guide that show the order in which it is installed on the PTO.

Simplicity/briggs has a different crank PTO diameter than some of the (larger)Allis/Kohler 16 and the 7018 simplicity /kohler OHV .

quote:
Originally posted by 1Litre
Simplicity/briggs has a different crank PTO diameter than some of the (larger)Allis/Kohler 16 and the 7018 simplicity /kohler OHV .
I have a complete clutch setup for a briggs 16hp I will not be useing if some one wants it pm me

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
Graham, Not sure what you are wanting to know. I post that picture as a guide that show the order in which it is installed on the PTO.
Ray, Diagram is a good guide for order of install; but the parts outlined, and the diagram as a whole, is exactly what is shown in a Manual for required Kit for use only with Kohler 17 and 18 hp motors. KIT = MFR = 1690356. (still available to download) I found it somehow while researching everything I could find on front PTO, and just saved it for future ref. I think the only difference with the kit is that it deals with Kohler motors that have larger crankshafts - the 17 and 18hp - and the Kit contains only "Parts ABCD". Your diagram however is still good as a guide for order of assembly. The other manual I have has detailed install instrux, pix, etc. for the required unit itself. I received it from another senior member here. And it's very valuable for 'armchair nooby mechanix' such as ME. sm01. It is probably the same manual you are offering to the OP. (NLA to download). Since he has not pm'd me, I guess he likes you better. :( (16hp Kohler K341 is 1" shaft. The 17,18 hp Kohlers use 1 1/8" shaft = thus substituting the Kit Parts is required.)