Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

After the auction today

Mack

Good catch, I've heard of, but never have seen the trencher attachment!

Sadly, The trencher is on it's way to it's real home....But I got to play in the dirt with it first! :D

A mighty useful attachment me thinks!^ What happened to the air filter on the engine?

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
Sadly, The trencher is on it's way to it's real home....But I got to play in the dirt with it first! :D
Hmmmmm......."real home" ??? Wonder where that could be..??? }:)

I know I know but it's not going to be in my shop though Mack hope you had fun with it And the new owner will have a blast tonight yet maybe we know he plays in the dark lol

Well here is the picture of me picking it up at Macks place

And some pics when we got home:D

Serial number tag.

Engine runs pretty good BGB is tight, everything seems work. Have some leaks to fix, some wear points to fix, a different seat and of course paint it the right color....:D I want to thank Mack for going to the sale and bidding for me, I was unable to be there and he agreed to bid for me:DdOd Thanks again Paul.

Glad to see it found a great home! dOddOddOd Can't wait to see it restored -- talk about a rare showpiece! 8D8D8D8D

Mike What a great find. I want to see it working someday to!!!!! I say wow wow wow After looking at this I don't know if I want to go out to my shop tomorrow now. Lol . So how soon till a post hole digger will show up next is going to be a great question I would like to see one of them too

Our Trenchers at work have a "creaper gear" to go very slow while trenching. Does this have any type slower ground speed or do you feather the clutch? Very cool attachment! 8D Irrigation, Cable & Electrical contractors would love to have that (me too)

Greg, It has variable hydraulic drive to regulate the speed while trenching. The BGB drives a hydraulic pump then a hydraulic motor drives the B-10 gearbox.

great find guys dOd so isn't this the second trencher found this year ?. other one posted had a broken control handle ?. all we need now is a post hole digger ^.

Very cool Mike 'n Mack! More reason for me to get down to a show...loaders, forklifts, backhoe's and trenchers. Good time to be a Buckeye! ;) Perry, there was a third unit mounted to a 725 that was on the Hartford, CT CL the first week of October this past fall. Looked real good and had an asking price of $1600. Never heard a thing of it after that though.

Here is a pic that I took on Sunday afternoon while doing a test dig....:D

Works pretty good but the 23d is a little short on power, mght have to do a repower. I have a good 12HP sitting here that might fit the bill....:D

• 3 weeks later...
Spotted this one at the Buckeye Farm Antiques show today in Wapakonetta,OH. Only had the phone to take pictures with though.