Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
smeltjr

Some Help With The Deck Bearings - I've Searched

smeltjr
This is a 4211 with a 36" or 38" deck. The assembly looks exactly like the detailed post on doing these and it is pretty detailed on how this is configured. My question is that once this assemblyis off the deck is there an "Order Of Operations" in getting it apart. I am specifically referring to getting the pulley off the contraption?? I know it is splined. The pulley bolt is out but it looks like the pulley is frozen to the splines. I have tried the following. Grade 8 bolt longer than original that I bottomed out and hit with 3lb while holding the pulley. Same with repeated sprays of blaster and torch. I don't know if something else has to come off before I try to separate this. Thanks for any help. Right side bearing is pretty bad. Left is still fine.

steve-wis
I believe it should come off. I would spray it good with pb blaster every day for a few days, then try some heat on it again. Remember when heating, the whole pulley needs to get hot. If just the hub is heated, it will expand and will actually get tighter on the shaft. Hope this helps. Steve

AC_B-1Novice
smeltjr...I don't know if this will help but I had to change mine and posted several pictures of what I did. It is worth a look I think. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=117904&SearchTerms=ac_b-1novice larry

AC_B-1Novice
I think this was the first post mentioned in my post to you. Scroll down and you will see a diagram that might also help. larry http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=117801&SearchTerms=ac_b-1novice