Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bud119195

Got me a Sunrunner

steve-wis
Looks to be in pretty good shape, Todd. Is that one that the back dumps? Did you get it locally? I know there have been a couple for sale around here. Have fun!! Steve

timflury
Did they make an eight hp Sunrunner??? There was one on CL in the Milwaukee area for dirt cheap and it looked real nice. It wasn't a hydro, but for $125, it was a steal of a deal.

bud119195
Yes Tim the made a 8hp sunrunner. And I forgot to mention before that I also got a JD rear engine rider with the deal that the guy thought motor was shot,turns out recoil was stuck.Pulled it twice and got it running so now i am selling it and the Sunnrunner will have cost me very little.

bnolte
I have one in the driveway with a 12 HP engine, 42 inch deck and a dump cart, which I really liked. I used it as a powered wheelbarrow, or as a platform for an ATV mount sprayer I use in my small vineyard. I am afraid its sun has set, but I just picked up a Landlord DLX, after struggling with old Cubs for the last few years. I brought it lightly used in '98 and abused the[img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]out of it for about 8 years before I pieced together an old Cub 129, but still used it for trimming, or when the Cub had issues, but engine problems and wear and tear have taken their toll on it. I still have it, but when I mentioned to my Dad that I wanted to give it to the guy I brought my Landlord from, he said no way and wants me to fix it up again. Bud, once you get used to the rear steering, you will like the fact that it turns on a dime, but be careful about swinging the back end wide. I had to replace the drive belt a couple of times from attempting to bush hog with it, replace the chain once, and replace a steering cable. Another thing that was more an annual tune up issue was to tighten the friction nut on the PTO lever about once a year. The wood knobs on the speed and PTO levers were replaced with screw on shift knobs from manual transmissions I found at a junkyard.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• TomSchmit
  • Today's Birthdays

1. acey
      acey
      (68 years old)
    2. Gary
      Gary
      (68 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts