Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got me a Sunrunner

bud119195

Picked up a Sunrunnere today Has A 12 hp and a hydro Pretty nice shape will need tires and a tune up.will only strt with gas poured in carb.

does it have fuel pump on it? I have everthing for the sunrunner including motor in spare parts

Yes it has a fuel pump. I am going to tear into it this week some time hopefully something simple

Try putting some air in the gas tank and see if that will get the gas flowing into the carb.

which tank? The gas tank on the right or the gas tank on the left just kidding, but there is a fuel shut off on each

Looks to be in pretty good shape, Todd. Is that one that the back dumps? Did you get it locally? I know there have been a couple for sale around here. Have fun!! Steve

Ron,bothe shut offs are open Steve, I got this locally from a guy I work with's friend Tractor is a lot cleaner than it looks in pis ,Hourmeter says 634.7

Did they make an eight hp Sunrunner??? There was one on CL in the Milwaukee area for dirt cheap and it looked real nice. It wasn't a hydro, but for $125, it was a steal of a deal.

Yes Tim the made a 8hp sunrunner. And I forgot to mention before that I also got a JD rear engine rider with the deal that the guy thought motor was shot,turns out recoil was stuck.Pulled it twice and got it running so now i am selling it and the Sunnrunner will have cost me very little.

Got Sunrunner running tonight,needed a fuel pump.Gotta say this thing will take a lot to get use to driving..

I have not done it yet but fill the tires with windshield washer fluid I was told that it pulls much better that way. Bob

I have one in the driveway with a 12 HP engine, 42 inch deck and a dump cart, which I really liked. I used it as a powered wheelbarrow, or as a platform for an ATV mount sprayer I use in my small vineyard. I am afraid its sun has set, but I just picked up a Landlord DLX, after struggling with old Cubs for the last few years. I brought it lightly used in '98 and abused the[img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img]out of it for about 8 years before I pieced together an old Cub 129, but still used it for trimming, or when the Cub had issues, but engine problems and wear and tear have taken their toll on it. I still have it, but when I mentioned to my Dad that I wanted to give it to the guy I brought my Landlord from, he said no way and wants me to fix it up again. Bud, once you get used to the rear steering, you will like the fact that it turns on a dime, but be careful about swinging the back end wide. I had to replace the drive belt a couple of times from attempting to bush hog with it, replace the chain once, and replace a steering cable. Another thing that was more an annual tune up issue was to tighten the friction nut on the PTO lever about once a year. The wood knobs on the speed and PTO levers were replaced with screw on shift knobs from manual transmissions I found at a junkyard.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Austin
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts