Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
toakley

AC-B207 / Transaxel shifter issue

toakley
Would anyone happen to know how to repair the shifter lever on a B207? It still shifts but now flops from side to side,almost as if something broke or came loose on the pivot ball that the shifting lever is attached too. I don't have a repair manual, but thought maybe someone might have some advice on repairing the problem.

rfsmith1952
You can go out the club's home page, and in the upper right corner you'll see a box for manuals. If you put your tractor manufacturers number in the box, and the club has it, the operators and/or repair manual will come up. You can download to your computer. Have a look at the diagram for the shift linkage, and you can probable figure out what went wrong.

steve-wis
I have the parts manual for the B206. I don't know what the differences are besides the hp of the engine. If you like, send me your email address and I can send it to you. Sounds like something inside the tranny is broken or has come loose to me. Steve