Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What do I have?

drlandeau

Hello, I am new to this site. I have a simplicity garden tractor. On the front it says "simplicity 727" I believe a 727 is a broadmoor. On he back it says "Yeoman". The Id tag on it says model 763. It has an 8 horse briggs. I recently had the carb rebuilt and put a new recoil cord on, it runs very good. I would like to find out what year it is from, and what make/model it is. Can anyone tell me what I might actually have?

If It's a 8hp Yeoman it may be a 1973 Yeoman 8hp like this one. http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1973/yeoman.htm

Looks like a Yeoman to me. The Broadmoor was beefier than and a bit bigger than the Yeomans / Serfs.

The 8 horse yeoman on the link says it comes standard with electric start, this tractor does not have an electric start. I don't really know if it is a 727 because it appears somebody may have painted it, and re-labeled it.

Is there a way to tell if the engine has been replaced, the grill/bezel bolts directly to the engine like it is supposed to, it does not appear to have been replaced. The only thing I know that has been replaced is the gas tank. That was replaced by the person that I bought it from, and that is because he did not feel like looking for an original. If I can find out what I have I will start replacing original parts.

That is a 637 yeoman.What is the Model type Code # off the motor.Apparently whoever painted it didnt have a clue what it was,the offset hole in hood gives it away that it is a yeoman,broadmoors were in the center

This machine is not a broadmoor. Not that I know what it "IS". 727 has pto/mule external control linkage like a 717.... all 3 including 728 have chrome front bumper/mule pulley assy. This machine has no front bummper at all... 727/728 have throttle & amp guage on the vertical panel not the horizontal one with the steering column hole. Please continue....

Thanks for all of your help guys! The Engine information is as follows: Model - 190702 Type - 2015 01 Code - 83051809 I talked to the person that I purchased this from, he is a good friend of mine, he bought from some older guy that apparently did the repainting and whatever else. I am trying get him to get some information for me.