Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydraulics

mech123

i did some research and the pump on the powermax has a rating of 2.25 gpm... is there any logical reason i cant run a front end loader of the existing pump and lines... i have one quick connect up front..i want to run the other line from the rear deck lift cylinder up to the front.... thanks chris

The answer is no. The charge pump of the hydro at WOT pumps just enough to supply the needs of the transmision and lift at 800 PSI max. It's likely that once the transmision takes what it needs that the lift section only gets half that flow. A loader takes 10 times that amount to operate with any real speed.

thanks for the info.... this is the first logical explanation i have had... i will check northern tool for a pump... any suggestions????????? thanks chris

The topic has been discussed before and I can't recall all the details. I'm sure of you look up some search phrases you should find the pump specs for the loader. To save time from guessing I'd mount a belt driven pump like it was orriginally designed for. No sence re-inventing the wheel.