Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MOWER DECK BELT #7016 Simplicity

kenmill1958

My belt for the mowing deck finally gave out . Tractor is a Simplicity 7016w/ 42" deck deck#885. Anybody have a good belt# ?? Thanks Ken

Check the underside of the hood. I know on the 7100 series, they have a decal with all the main belt #'s.

I believe the belt is #176439 (now 2176439) 74.1" long. Same as an AC712 with 42" deck and cone clutch. I think deck 885 was for FDT and should have had the drive pulley changed to a larger diameter to work with the cone clutch to give the correct blade tip speed. If the pulley is still the smaller diameter FDT one, the belt would probably have to be a little smaller. Use the rope trick to get the correct length.

I checked the belt length of the broken one--81 inches. At 74 inches seems there would be quite a bit of tension on the tensioner. Is this correc?? Perhaps the belt that broke was the wrong one to begin with.

I have a 7016 with 42 in. deck the belt that drives deck was 71 in. it was a Simplicity belt I will get number later today

Here is the OM. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arL0rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq Should be able to use the belt listed.