Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

A River Runs Through It...different stripes added

rokon2813
A typical spring rain, nothing too heavy.... Why I keep 1 mower tractor with ag tires year round :O:O It will be mid June before I can get my truck in the back yard again. Happens every spring and occasionally with a bad storm later in the year. The water will be gone a day after the rain stops, but soft for 4 to 8 weeks LOL The last pic is my neighbors yard. He leaves the tire chains on his Cub for the summer. 8D Yes, that is standing water in my garden. Hope it's dry enough by Memorial day....

steve-wis
Dan, I feel a bit of your pain. Here in Oshkosh Wisconsin in 2008 we had 11 inches of rain in two big storms about 5 days apart. The second one flooded my basement, taking out all appliances, furnace, hot water heater, etc. Also the family room. Now I have two BIG sump pumps, a generator to run them, anti-flow back valves in the floor drains. This spring we got enough to keep the sump pumps running steady, but no damage. To top it off, they are redoing our street so it is a big mud hole. Back yard has no standing water as of today, but I mowed the grass and it is muddy and wet. Deck rollers are about 5 inches around with the clay mud stuck to them. Hope you dry out soon! Steve

rokon2813
What a difference a day makes :D Actually, a day and a half, but yesterday morning compared to this evening. And last, a shot of the tractor that "did the dirty work" without ags :O:O

Sign in to follow this