Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

Look out, Murphy is in Ohio

AC_B-1Novice
Went to shut the gas off on my B1 and the shut off on the glass filter came right off into my hand and the gas ran all over the barn floor as I ran to get something to catch it. 8C Can this be fixed or when I pull the tank do I need to replace the whole thing when I take it off the tank? larry

MysTiK
I don't know "B1" setup . I can only tell you that on my 716, the setup is tank, to fuel line, to inline glass filter, to a separate inline gas shutoff, to fuel line, to fuel pump, to fuel line to carb. I sometimes wonder if that is the best order of pieces; for example, to change my filter, there is no shutoff upstream from the filter - and then I think that would keep the filter "wet" which might be better than dry. Or maybe I should install another shutoff before the filter - and then I just forget about it and shut off the gas when finished anyway. Maybe a shutoff closer to the tank would be better? I dunno, I bought it like this, no problems.

GLPointon
If that was a wing bolt on the bottom of a glass fuel bowl then it may have been the "clamp" that holds the bowl against the base and not another "shut off"...Can you post a pic?