Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rich_kildow

7116 Add hydrolift

rich_kildow
I am adding a hydrolift to my recently acquired 7116 model 1691382 and have a few questions I haven't been able to find answers to. I have the rear mount, the proper rock shaft with all collars and tabs, the cylinder off a Landlord DLX (same part number as the one I need) and most of the lines. The valve and lever are on the way and I'll order the smaller hardware. I know I need to change the relief valves in my hydro unit but I am having a tough time nailing down exactly which ones need to be switched and what I need to order. Here is a link to my tractors schematic http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=simplicity&mn=1691382+-+7116%2C+Hydro+%28ML%29&dn=13076 and here is a link to another with the hydro lift. Near as I can tell, the hydro lift group for the 7116, 7117, and 7119, as well as the Allis' is the same throughout since they all have the same part numbers. Can you guys help me figure out what I need to order to allow my hydro to move this cylinder? Below is the schematic for the OEM hydrolift tractors. http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=simplicity&mn=1690662+-+7116H%2C+16HP+Hydro+w%2FTurf+Tires+and+42%22+Mower+Deck&dn=17782

HubbardRA
Your first link shows a pump setup without a hydrolift. The second link doesn't even show the pressure relief valves. Use the diagram below that I have included. This is a diagram that I made several years ago when I put a hydrolift on my AC716H. It shows part numbers and what needs to be done to the pressure relief valves and where they are located. I got this information from a couple Simplicity manuals that I compared. It worked on my AC716H and several other people have used this since to set theirs up. With the shim kit you need to set the lift pressure relief valve (the one on top) to no more than 800 psi. I have been told that more than 800 can crack the pump housing. The tranny pressure relief valve (the one on the front) should be around 250 to 275 psi. Hope this helps you.

rich_kildow
Are the shims meant to be stacked or do you pull the one and insert the next thicker one if more pressure is needed? I didn't realize how tiny these things were. I need to dig out my micrometer to tell which one is the thinnest.